Ice and snow track days all winter in Monticello NY

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Ice and snow track days all winter in Monticello NY

Postby airsweden » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Anybody else see this? I just copied message below from icerace.com forum. Looks like it might be a good time aside from all the BMX'r and VT Sportscar bling. $250 is a bit of coin but I'll be interested in feedback from a friend planning to run on Sat......... it might be worth it.

Winter Driving Series – Monticello Motor Club

Let the snow fly – Get ready to get sideways and master four-wheel drifts at the Monticello Motor Club’s Winter Driving Series.

The MMC Winter Driving Series (WDS) was designed to deliver driving excitement, rally car style, on our brand new race track in Monticello NY that just happens to be covered with ice and snow! Utilizing our South Circuit, groomed to perfection, the Winter Driving Series will be open to owners of all vehicles that meet all safety and eligibility requirements. Events will consist of time-trials, open testing sessions, and other exciting formats. Just because winter is here doesn’t mean the motoring fun must come to a halt. So let it snow at the Monticello Motor Club.

Winter Driving Series Highlights:

· Monticello Motor Club – South Circuit - 1.8 Miles, 11 Turns consisting of large sweepers, increasing and decreasing radius corners, and thrilling elevation change.

· Exciting Formats – Go against the clock in our time trial format; or Test, tune, and practice your skills in our open session format; other formats soon to come.

· Rally Events – Break out the Rally Car and come test your setup. Mix it up with fellow Rally Cars and put on a show for spectators.

2008-2009 Schedule

Track Location: 67 Cantrell Rd. Monticello, NY 12701

Weather Permitting: Please call or check the website for updates on track schedule.

· Dec. 20, 2008 – Opening Day - Testing/Sessions/Time Trials – Open to First 50 Cars.

o Come check out Dave Mirra, BMX legend and 2008 Rally America Rookie of the Year. He will be driving his Open Class 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI rally car. Vermont Sports Car, who runs Subaru Rally Team USA will be bringing Travis Pastrana's championship winning 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI rally car for participants to check out.

· Jan. 3 & 4 – Open Sessions/Time Trials

· Jan. 10 – Rally Cars – Open Session/Time Trials/Door-to-Door

· Jan. 11 – Open Sessions/Time Trials

· Jan. 17 & 18 – Open Sessions/Time Trials

· Jan. 24 & 25 – Open Sessions/Time Trials

· Jan. 31 & Feb 1 – Open Sessions/Time Trials

· Feb. 7 & 8 – TBD

· Feb. 14 & 15 – TBD

· Feb. 21 & 22 – TBD

· Feb. 28 & Mar. 1 – TBD

· Mar. 14 & 15 – TBD

· Mar. 21 & 22 – TBD

Rules and Regulations

The WDS is open to all entrants that meet MMC rules and regulations. Entrants will have the option of participating in open track sessions, time trials and other formats! Events will be limited to the first 100 cars and NO studded tires are allowed. Admission is $250 per participating car. Admission is $15 per person for spectators.

Check our website, http://www.DriveMMC.com for scheduling and updates. Please read our detailed rules and regulations before participating.

Contact

Matt Gottlieb

Monticello Motor Club

548 Broadway

Monticello, NY 12701

mgottlieb@monticellomotorclub.com

http://www.monticellomotorclub.com

http://www.drivemmc.com

Mobile: 845.807.8881

Office: 877.578.RACE (7223) x293
Fax: 845.794.4052
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

paulh
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: Ice and snow track days all winter in Monticello NY

Postby paulh » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:19 pm

that sounds awesome, too bad its so much, but it does sound like it has the potential to be worth it. I had no idea they actually opened that track allready, I remember reading an article about it a while ago, looks like a real nice joint!

Paul

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:14 am

Hmm, I may have to try to make it out for one of those. I'd need to pick up some studless tires though. Its too bad I just drove studs into my almost new Hakka 10s, not that they'd be that good of a tire anyway by today's standards (hakka 5!?). Its too bad its a 5 hour drive (6 hour tow?)

* by the way Snakes, that stud gun you have is my nemesis. I think it took me 4 hours to stud 4 tires and replace 1/3 of the studs in two other tires. I like hand loading each stud into the gun, unjamming the gun every shot, pulling each stud back out of the tire and trying again, and when the gun tries to put two studs in one stud hole...
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Geoff wrote:... put two studs in one stud hole...

Sounds like Goeff's favorite kind of weekend. :lol:

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff

Postby Geoff » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:03 am

Jordan wrote:Sounds like Goeff's favorite kind of weekend. :lol:

Mongo was there part of the time... :condom:
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

gotti
Nickname: gotti
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby gotti » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:54 pm

guys, the next event is this Saturday, January 31st. For pre-registered drivers its $199, if you come with a group of 3 or more its $175 now. Looks like the weather he brought some fresh snow as well.

Return to “News and Events”