EA&G RallyX

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

EA&G RallyX

Postby Geoff » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:26 am

I'm running my 99 in the two-day Engraving Awards and Gifts RallyX this weekend in Stafford Springs, CT. There is usually one or two 900s there running in the stock (or is it prepared? Not my class so I don't pay enough attention) class. Its supposed to snow Saturday, we'll see what the conditions are like down there: snow, ice, frozen dirt, mix of all?

http://www.ner.org/rally/rx/events/2009
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Re: EA&G RallyX

Postby Geoff » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Hakka 2's provide for body roll on the slippery stuff:

Placed 3rd on Saturday, 2nd on Sunday in Modified 2WD. Also set FTD on Sunday morning (Fastest Time of the Day AND fastest overall combined time for my two morning runs including one cone penalty - two seconds). My run group included Prepared and Modified AWD, so I beat them all in a 2WD car. :lol: Not sure about the Sunday afternoon times until they get posted online but the guy who was behind me in the morning was behind by about 1 second and was running studded Hakka 5s in a stripped-out Civic with a crazy suspension, and ended up beating me in the afternoon. Time to put my car on a weight-loss plan.

There were three other SAABs there; two C900s and one NG900. All did pretty well, the NG driver was pushing hard and put on a pretty good show!

airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby airsweden » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:23 pm

Cool...... I didn't realize that you had that car running yet. You must have been busy getting that thing back together.

At first when I looked at the pic, I was like man he needs to wash that thing. Then I realized that It, like You, is not the kind of dirty that can be washed away. Anyway, good to see it on the move again.

Now bring it over the do some real racing next week with AMEC. Forget that sally ass rally-x stuff. That's only for kids and people afraid of 4th gear. I have 4 menards on soccerballs waiting for you.
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:42 pm

I would have come to spectate, but I was down at my parents for my mom's birthday.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:02 pm

airsweden wrote:Cool...... I didn't realize that you had that car running yet. You must have been busy getting that thing back together.

It just needed a battery.... The van was what was holding me up. Of course the car really needs a lot of other things (engine, diff, suspension, PS pump, cage, other updates, etc.)

airsweden wrote:At first when I looked at the pic, I was like man he needs to wash that thing. Then I realized that It, like You, is not the kind of dirty that can be washed away.

Thanks! :barf:

airsweden wrote:Now bring it over the do some real racing next week with AMEC. Forget that sally ass rally-x stuff. That's only for kids and people afraid of 4th gear. I have 4 menards on soccerballs waiting for you.

I'm going to try to make some AMEC events. I need to do some stuff at home first and some work on the van and trailer then replace some of the windows and add a rear facing light for AMEC. I want to try to make Lake George (2 days!) and maybe Cossayuna. Those are both around 3 hours away. The rest are over 4 hours.

airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby airsweden » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm

I assumed that since it was out....... everything was fixed. Well if it runs drive it!

You know you can stay here to split the trip dist but don't count on Lake George and Cossayuna........ somethimes they don't happen. The schedule is iffy at best and last I heard Lake George still had open water. You never know what will happen between now and then but I did also hear there won't be a Jan thaw this year for whatever thats worth.

Bottom line though is if you want to icerace, don't wait because seasons can be very short. I think I'm skipping Tupper Lake but I'm game for the rest.

Anybody else have a 99/900 that will pass tech? http://www.icerace.com/pdf/2009Rules.pdf

I have decent extra/old Menards up for a try and both bolt pattern wheels 4 X 114 and 108. If Geoff isn't comming, anybody else in?

JT
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

Return to “News and Events”