Rally New York

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
TRAILINGTHROTTLE
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Rally New York

Postby TRAILINGTHROTTLE » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:37 pm

just talked to the team returning from rally new york...both luke and josh thought that everything went pretty well with just a couple of small glitches. ill let the people that were there tell the story, but everyone and the car made it through all right.

SaabRoomie85W
Nickname: ginger kid
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Re: Rally New York

Postby SaabRoomie85W » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:03 am

sweeeeeeeeet! I hope everyone has defrosted successfully
-Team Chef

"do you have any crackers for that hummus?" - "what do you think this is, a frickin' Wegmans?"

matt
Turbo Troll Crew Chief
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby matt » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:58 am

According to the website, we didn't get the bogie time for stage 19, therefore DNF.
Times look comparable (most of them) to the 2wd winner.

see my pics in this thread or the gallery http://saabrally.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1229
"we changed a flat in 4 minutes, twice"
1994 9000 Aero (intake, stg 4 ecu, 3" TBE, clutch + broken trans mod) *sold*
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon *sold*
2006 Subaru WRX Wagon I'm back on boost!
ImageImage

Sam
Nickname: sambone

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:10 pm

Oh man, can't believe the dnf. We all know you finished. What a weekend, frozen and sunburned in 2 days... We got a look at the new Camaro and Challenger at the vw show as well as a 60's bug with an STi motor in it. There was also a golf that did a 10s quarter mile.

Are we going to be making an apperance at SOC in august?
I think i owe carolyn some $ for those burgers. I would have frozen solid without them.
There is no such thing as too low or too stiff.

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 am

I'll have to talk to the organizer today to get the scoring straightened out. We missed SS19 due to reasons beyond our control (we were pulled over by the state police for a routine check, no citations were given but it delayed our transit and caused us to miss that stage) We were assured by the organizers during the event that we would be given bogey time for that stage.
Nevertheless, The car ran great all weekend with the exception of an stall on SS18.
We were driving very conservatively just trying to shake the car down, but we still set some very fast times and we were very happy with the overall setup of the chassis. The suspension felt perfect, it was firm when it needed to be but still forgiving and resiliant.
Thanks to everyone that came out and helped keep the things rolling in the freezing weather.

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Luke wrote:due to reasons beyond our control (we were pulled over by the state police for a routine check, no citations were given but it delayed our transit and caused us to miss that stage)

You know you are in New York when.... :yay:

Saw you fly by the spectator area on Sat. Looking quick! Wheres the skid plate? :-O
Less brake more gas!

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:56 pm

DeLorean wrote:
Luke wrote:due to reasons beyond our control (we were pulled over by the state police for a routine check, no citations were given but it delayed our transit and caused us to miss that stage)

Saw you fly by the spectator area on Sat. Looking quick! Wheres the skid plate? :-O

Yeah sorry I missed you guys! I had two diff covers in the van for you, oh well I'll put them in the mail. The crew told me they ran into you but I can't fault you for not sticking around too long the weather was miserable.

paulh

Postby paulh » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:55 pm

Luke wrote:
DeLorean wrote:

Yeah sorry I missed you guys! I had two diff covers in the van for you, oh well I'll put them in the mail. The crew told me they ran into you but I can't fault you for not sticking around too long the weather was miserable.

yeah, it was snowing sideways up there, miserable weather! The car looked good though, sucks about the incident with the trooper, but like Jeff said, thats NY for ya!

Paul

Return to “News and Events”