Carlisle 2009?

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Carlisle 2009?

Postby Jordan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:03 am

I think yesterday was last day of pre-reg...is the saabrally.com team going to make an appearance? Possibly with some swanky new shirts ;)

Luke
Site Admin

Re: Carlisle 2009?

Postby Luke » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:59 am

What are the dates? I would be a nice opportunity to show the car and maybe sell a few t-shirts to help support the entry to STPR...
Carolyns got the shirts under control, right?

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:12 am

It's coming up fast..

Cliff Notes: Friday, May 16, 2008 at 7:00 AM - Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 3:00 PM (ET)

Event Details

SAABs @ Carlisle is a SAAB enthusiast event, held in conjuction with the Carlisle Import/Kit Replicar Nationals. It is a "car-show within a much bigger car show". Attendees have complete access to all of the events and activities happening all week-end long, including access to the vendor and parts swap-meet areas. In 2007, we drew in 211 SAABs and the event set a new attendance record with over 1,500 cars.

Pre-registration will close at 5:00PM Friday April 25th, 2008. Late entrants will need to contact us for instructions after this deadline. Registration at the gate is more expensive, so get your registration in early and save some money!

Organized by the Central Penn SAAB Club, with help from our friends in WASAAB, NYSOC, NESA, SAABlink.net, and VSCNA clubs, SAABs @ Carlisle has quickly become the largest regional SAAB enthusiasts' gathering annually, with attendees from as many as 14 states, and as far away as California and Florida. For the last 6 consecutive years, SAABs @ Carlisle has won the hotly contested Club Participation Award, and 2008 looks to be an even bigger challenge, thanks to the folks who drive Sweden's second best cars; Volvo's. The Volvo Club of America has us in their sights and want to take the trophy this year. The featured marque this year is British Vehicles, so it will be a real test to see if we can hold on to the Club Participation Trophy for one more year. Get those SAABs ready to roll into Carlisle, Pennsylvania for another epic battle of owner loyalty between SAABs and everything else on wheels.

SAABs @ Carlisle 2008 kicks off the weekend with a Friday evening cook-out beginning at 6:00pm, lasting into the evening. Please bring along something to cook on the grill(and buns if you need them). CPSC will once again fire up our huge 8 burner grill, as well as supplying condiments and beverages. We began this tradition a few years ago because so many of our friends drive a long distance to the event; having a hot meal and a cold beverage waiting for your arrival is something nice to look forward to.

IMPORTANT NOTE: On Friday evening, The Registration Building at Gate 3 closes at 7:00pm so please let us know if you will be arriving after this time and we will arrange to pick-up your credentials and meet you at Gate 3. Without your credentials, you will not be permitted on the grounds until Saturday morning, and you'll miss the cook-out.

Saturday is the big day of the event. Attendees will park their cars by model type, at the direction of the club staff. Attendees will receive a voting ballot and will cast votes for their favorite SAABs by category. When completed, this ballot must be exchanged for your free lunch ticket. (Please turn in your completed ballot as early as possible). Lunch will be served begining at Noon, and is provided compliments of Lehman SAAB(Harrisburg, PA) and is catered by The Corvette Grille (Annville, PA). Music will be provided throughout the day, thanks to an iPod filled with more than 175 car songs (and more are being added continually). The sound system is provided thanks to Times Square Lighting and Rob Riccardelli.

After lunch (approx. 2:30PM), the People's Choice Awards will be presented to the winners of the balloting. The People's Choice Awards are sponsored again by Don Fatzinger Automotive (Robesonia, PA). Awards will be presented for 19 categories, plus a few extra awards and recognition.

After the awards presentation, stroll the show field or vendor areas, relax and enjoy the rest of the afternoon. At approximately 6:30pm, we will gather for the Saturday evening SAABarbeque Dinner.

INFORMATION UPDATES:
Please be certain to include a valid e-mail address with your registration. We will be communicating through an electronic newsletter program (Constant Contact). Please add our e-mail address (cpsc@mail.saabnet.com) to your address book so that you will not miss any important updates and information on the event. We will be sending more detailed information and a schedule of events, as well as timely updates and information you will need.

Prefer to register off-line or pay by personal check?
Please go to http://www.centralpennsaab.com and download the registration form. Send the completed form and your check to us before April 25th, 2008.

Located in Central Pennsylvania, the Carlisle Fairgrounds is easily accessible from the PA Turnpike, I-81, I-83 and Route 11. The 82-acre complex is equipped with modern facilities both indoors and outdoors, including a huge food court with a variety of unique food vendors. Twenty-four hour security and medical personnel are on site.

Lodging: It is recommended that you book your hotel room early. Central Pennsylvania is a very popular tourist destination, and the weekend of the event usually coincides with several local college graduation ceremonies, so getting a room early is strongly encouraged. Carlisle is located in Cumberland County, and is close to Harrisburg (the state capital), as well as Mechanicsburg and Camp Hill. Lodging along the I-81 corridor will put you only minutes away from the fairgrounds. In addition to the usually on-line services (Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, etc.), here are a few other links:

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Yep, I will be there & camping out on Sat. night.
Less brake more gas!

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby hutch » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:36 pm

If you guys still want to pre-register let me know ASAP, I'm the VP of the club putting it on and we usually have the ability to squeeze in a couple of late comers after the registration closes. You can always register later but it will be a bit extra and I'm not sure if it will count towards to the club participation award.

Return to “News and Events”