Rumor: SOC10 track day at Nelson Ledges or Putnam Park

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
SeanKHotay
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Rumor: SOC10 track day at Nelson Ledges or Putnam Park

Postby SeanKHotay » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:06 am

You'all have heard the rumor that there will be an SOC10 Track Day at Nelson Ledges (no noise restriction apparently) yes? Fall back is Putnam Park...

The SOC10 dates are 22-25July...I'd guess the track day would be either the 21st (Wed) or 22nd (Thurs)

Just getting that tidbit out there... :thumbsup:

(edit to add dates)
Last edited by SeanKHotay on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Re: Rumor: SOC10 track day at Nelson Ledges or Putnam Park

Postby SwedeSport » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Putnam Park is a really nice track! I was there for the 02 convention track day. Never been to the Nelson Ledges but Ill bet it would be just as fun.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby airsweden » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:05 am

Having just arrived home after a weekend at Nelson Ledges, I can say that the track is pretty freak'n awesome. It is a little rough in places, bit narrow in others but long, fast and a blast to drive..... even more so at nite.

Of course SOC events are lame as hell so if it happens they'll prob douche it all up with cones, chicanes, no passing zones and whatnot. I'm half kidding but it will be really hard for them to put on a show half as fun as the Lemons race there just was.... that I know.

Josh
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:37 am

I had a blast at the SOC event last time. We had guys from the Porsche club as our instructors. My instructor gave me a sticker after the 3rd session and I was able to run the rest of the event solo. (amazing how much faster that 8v car is without a 200+ lb passenger). It was setup as the long course configuration (10 turns) without the loop or the times square. The only cones were setup at the key points in the turns (entry, apex, exits etc.). They took those away after the lunch break. We had to split time with the instructors but thats only fair. I did get a ride (on track) in my instructors 89 911 twin turbo. I would venture to say its the fastest thing I have experienced on 4 wheels. 650hp to the wheels! 160 down the straight (slight) brake into turn one! It was all fun and games until he had a 130 mph off track excursion and tore a fuel line on the rumble strip.

If I had another opportunity at Putnam I would do it in a heartbeat. I would love to try some new tracks too. Anyone ever been to Beaver Run? I tried to get a Saab track day together a few years ago but not one person showed any interest. I needed 20 cars to set up a session. It can still happen, they dont even need to be all Saabs at this point.

There is a big thing in my area right now. Liberty Bell Motorsports Park. There is a ton of opposition to the track being built, and it has been a battle for at least 5-6 years now. But it would be 5 miles from my house. I sure hope they build it.. Nothing could be better than having a motorsports complex in your back yard. libertybellmp.com
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Powar

Postby Powar » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:32 am

Well... The event is in two days. Is anyone from here (aside from Jon Dennis and myself) participating? I'm really looking forward to it.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:11 pm

I'm not. I'm anti-Ohio.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Return to “News and Events”