AMEC Iceracing Season Opener Jan. 17 2010

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

AMEC Iceracing Season Opener Jan. 17 2010

Postby airsweden » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Looks like its a "Go" for racing at Caroga Lake in Upstate NY this weekend. Too bad I didn't get around to putting a car together yet.

The club tightened up some rules and reorganized most classes this year. Now in order to run the Menard iceracing tires, one must have a 6 point rollcage. At this time I have 2 race cars but the 1 that's running only has a 4 point cage and the 1 with a full cage is not running...... where did I lose my way lol?

The Street Legal class is basically the same as before. If you have a car under 3200 lbs that will pass a state inspection, fitted with real studless snow tires (blizzak or similar), a fire extinguisher and a snell 2000 or later helmet then you are in.

http://www.icerace.com/

99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: AMEC Iceracing Season Opener Jan. 17 2010

Postby Geoff » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Jan 17th is early for ice racing!
I've been out on the ice every day this week, its nice to pass a frozen pond with a plowed circle on it on the way to work! :yay:

I'd either need some studless tires for the street car or some Menards for the rally car in order to run this year.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

airsweden

Postby airsweden » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:44 am

Yeah, its a little early this year..... guess thats why i'm not ready yet. I never planned to do the whole season this year anyway so I've been a little lax. After the classification shakedown there isn't a real place for a stock or lightly prepped turbo car on menards anymore. Doing the whole season and shooting for a championship is not possible. If and when I do race, I'll be seriously under-prepped for the only class I can run in and will really just be doing "fun runs" all day. Geoff: Like I've said before, I have enough menards on shelbys...... you just need to get yourself and your car to a race. We can get lapped together, lol.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Yeah, I want to try to get out for one event this year if I can. Most of them are kind of far from home. This weekend would have worked but we're doing the rallyX in CT instead since we already registered.

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Geoff wrote:Yeah, I want to try to get out for one event this year if I can. Most of them are kind of far from home. This weekend would have worked but we're doing the rallyX in CT instead since we already registered.

Oh really :matt:

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:26 pm

yeah, I would have invited you along but the car hadn't been started since May and I had to do a whole bunch of prep work at night the week before (get battery in, swap tires, fix leaks in tires, free up stuck tie downs, fix non-working cold start, pack tools, shovel trailer and van out) so I wasn't sure I'd make it. We ended up trashing tires anyway. We ripped all the studs out of the front tires on Saturday morning, swapped to Takis and chewed those up too. We went home Saturday night instead of staying around for another day of tire destruction.

airsweden

Postby airsweden » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Too bad about the takis, those are hard to come by.

Let me know when you want to run some menards. I checked the tire pile the other day, I have 6 decent spares mounted on shelbys.

Anybody else have a car with a full cage and a 4 X 114.3 bolt pattern?

It is possible to share a car and run it in 2 classes.

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Geoff wrote:yeah, I would have invited you along but the car hadn't been started since May and I had to do a whole bunch of prep work at night the week before (get battery in, swap tires, fix leaks in tires, free up stuck tie downs, fix non-working cold start, pack tools, shovel trailer and van out) so I wasn't sure I'd make it. We ended up trashing tires anyway. We ripped all the studs out of the front tires on Saturday morning, swapped to Takis and chewed those up too. We went home Saturday night instead of staying around for another day of tire destruction.

Yeah no problem I have been swamped with work anyway. Max actually came over for a few hours yesterday and we started to put the pedal assemblies together. First time I was able to work on the car since it's been painted.

Return to “News and Events”