Rally Dos Sertoes

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
paulh
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: Rally Dos Sertoes

Postby paulh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Oh also, a good resource for shipping/customs stuff might be www.expeditionportal.com, they have a motorcycle section even. Though some of the stuff they do there...budget is not a consideration, I'll put it that way.

Paul

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Well two of the guys in the group are instructors with http://www.rallymanagementservices.com/ so odds are one or two of the guys from there will be mechanics and help out with logistics.
I am the 73%

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:03 pm

So I have 2 old land rovers that I am working on which will eventually be for sale whether I do this event or not. However I am thinking of raffling off my 68 109 5 door land rover. My thought is to sell 500 tickets at $20 a pop. The truck is worth somewhere around $7500 or so especially once I finish the repairs I have been working on: New factory replica harness, new instruments, redone headliner and interior, a few small rust repairs etc. So basically I figure its a hell of a deal for the winner with a $20 ticket. I suspect I'll have to review the tax laws. Any suggestions?
I am the 73%

max
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby max » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:20 am

Post pics of '68 109! I wanna see it. Makes me wish I was in the market for a truck NOW instead of a year from now.
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:40 pm

max wrote:Post pics of '68 109! I wanna see it. Makes me wish I was in the market for a truck NOW instead of a year from now.

I need to take some photos of it....for now you can get the idea off of this one....same body style though mine is white:

I am the 73%

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:58 am

Grrrrr.... I wants! :fuckyou: Is yours a Safari wagon?
-Max

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:50 am

I think the only thing that classifies it as a "Safari" is whether it has the Safari roof or not...and mine does....the one in the photo above also has the safari roof. I am not sure what else was different on the "Safari" model. The one parked in my garage could seat about 9 people reasonably comfortably...though you wouldn't want to go a long distance like that.
I am the 73%

99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Postby 99Super » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:18 pm

There's a red one, same model, w/ a diesel conversion across the aisle where I store a couple of 99.
I've thought about contacting the owner, but then I think of the cost of restoring and operating the beast. :crazy:

The raffle thing would be cool.

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:34 pm

Crazyswede wrote:I think the only thing that classifies it as a "Safari" is whether it has the Safari roof or not...and mine does....the one in the photo above also has the safari roof. I am not sure what else was different on the "Safari" model. The one parked in my garage could seat about 9 people reasonably comfortably...though you wouldn't want to go a long distance like that.

I know about the roof, but aren't the windows different on some of the models too?
-Max

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:38 pm

max wrote:
Crazyswede wrote:I think the only thing that classifies it as a "Safari" is whether it has the Safari roof or not...and mine does....the one in the photo above also has the safari roof. I am not sure what else was different on the "Safari" model. The one parked in my garage could seat about 9 people reasonably comfortably...though you wouldn't want to go a long distance like that.

I know about the roof, but aren't the windows different on some of the models too?

yeah some don't have those long oval windows in the roof like the one above has.
I am the 73%

Return to “News and Events”