Dakar Rally School

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Dakar Rally School

Postby Crazyswede » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:54 pm

A few photos my friend Neil took while we were at the school last week. Most of them are from his perspective though but you can get an idea for the navigation setups and the types of terrain:

this was the "rabbit trail"

time for food:

Class on roadbooks:

A few of the bikes lined up for the group photo...there are another 10 or so behind. I am in the back loading my road book for the day.

My bike for the weekend on the right: KTM 640 Adventure:

This is a monster....uses a BFGoodrich Mud Terrain truck tire for a rear, a dune buggy tire for the front, and a Michelin Rally tire on the side car...which is driven. The machine is actually not a motorcycle with a side car bolted on but one complete frame wrapped around a Harley V twin.

Yours truly stuck on the side of a wash. I tried to go down this part of the wash only to find a 15 foot vertical drop...which is just below me...hard to see in the photo. When I turned around the bike stalled and then had no power. When we got the seat off we found that the positive battery terminal had come off.

This is Scott as seen through Neils helmet cam. He is the guy who built and rides the Harley trike. In the background you can get an idea for the terrain and the complete lack of shade.

One of the faster less technical roads.

I am the 73%

paulh
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: Dakar Rally School

Postby paulh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:10 pm

Great pics! totally Jealous! :thumbsup: :fuckyou:

Paul

Return to “News and Events”