Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: STPR Results

Postby Geoff » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Great shot from one of the WM stages

I'm interested to know what the practical joke was and the outcome of the tight ride back.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

SaabRoomie85W
Nickname: ginger kid
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby SaabRoomie85W » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Thanks for the shout out Jordan - at least someone appreciates me (you suck Luke)... Paul has some photos I think you would like. Should I have them posted here? Or just email them to you...
-Team Chef

"do you have any crackers for that hummus?" - "what do you think this is, a frickin' Wegmans?"

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:34 pm

By the way, we win when it comes to dust delay issues

I pulled a Richard Burns and told Justin, "Just listen to the notes." Can anyone tell me why our air filter was clogged? :rolleyes:

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:06 pm

I would expect some good photos from Paul, or I'd tell him to get a refund on that killer camera setup. Can't wait to see some of the shots he captured.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

stacy

Postby stacy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Geoff wrote:'m interested to know what the practical joke was and the outcome of the tight ride back.

Geoff, it was an epic practical joke executed by one puppet master(luke) and 2 great role players(me and josh) and let me tell you..you couldve cut the tension in that room with a knife.
SwedeSport wrote:BTW, not scared off by the antics, but you guys should be looking over your shoulders for the return of the " where are the girls" punking we were issued. I can't predict when its coming, but its coming.

Jason, the "where are the girls" punking WAS the payback. look at poor betsy....well she's smiling here but she was not very happy about the situation. :ranting:
29902_1482910397915_1388492865_2396901_5960839_n.jpg
29902_1482910397915_1388492865_2396901_5960839_n.jpg (83.33 KiB) Viewed 4983 times

stacy

Postby stacy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:21 pm

4670848998_889883e449_b.jpg

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:44 pm

I truly do feel it was a shitty miscommunication that caused the whole malay. And it was unfortunate that it turned out the way it did. In my (and Jordan's) defense, we did hang out the door and ask who was coming with us, before we left to get the trailer and subsequently take it back to the hotel with the van. And furthermore, there was a turbocharged luxury taxi that left the fairgrounds (after the van none the less), and it had 4 empty seats in it. But all in all everyone was a good sport about it. And it was a good thing that we could all laugh about it after the fact.

To sum it all up, I applaud the effort of the puppet master and his cohorts to pull off the prank, It was very well executed, even if some things didnt add up. As far as the antics of the team goes, if this is what is to be expected at a SaabRally outting, Im not scared away at all. In fact, now that I know you are all a bunch of jokers, I am actually inspired to conspire. NEFR should be fun!

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:02 pm

SwedeSport wrote:I truly do feel it was a shitty miscommunication that caused the whole malay. And it was unfortunate that it turned out the way it did. In my (and Jordan's) defense, we did hang out the door and ask who was coming with us, before we left to get the trailer and subsequently take it back to the hotel with the van. And furthermore, there was a turbocharged luxury taxi that left the fairgrounds (after the van none the less), and it had 4 empty seats in it. But all in all everyone was a good sport about it. And it was a good thing that we could all laugh about it after the fact.

To sum it all up, I applaud the effort of the puppet master and his cohorts to pull off the prank, It was very well executed, even if some things didnt add up. As far as the antics of the team goes, if this is what is to be expected at a SaabRally outting, Im not scared away at all. In fact, now that I know you are all a bunch of jokers, I am actually inspired to conspire. NEFR should be fun!

Jokers?! Rallying is a very serious business! We're all in it for the money!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Heres a few pics my friend Nick took:

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Betsy
Nickname: Boober

Postby Betsy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Ok, as the anal retentive lawyer of the bunch, and as someone who honors truthfulness, I will recap this "practical joke" of saturday night. I still agree with stacy and luke that the joke was, in fact, on US, but I'll let the objectivity of the saabrally forum vindicate us in the end.

Somewhere in the middle of pennsylvania, at approximately 10:30 pm, luke and josh have finished their two days of racing and believe that they are entitled to prizes and praise for their accomplishments. They decide to attend the awards "banquet," aka "breakfast under the halogens," and ask stacy and I to accompany them. Contemporaneous with the decision to attend the banquet, our 5 other mighty service men and woman decid it is bedtime. Carolyn and paul had a car, sam had his car, and the van was parked next to the rally car. Luke asked jordan and jason to attach the trailer to the van, as he didn't want to have to drive the rally car home. To the best of my knowledge, jordan and jason obliged and attached the trailer.

Here's where the oversight occurred: at this point, all 5 people going back to the hotel knew that there were three cars to drive (car, car, van), one car that needed towing (the saab), and 4 people staying to admire the boys talents for at least an hour. While Jason and Jordan, I applaude your consideration in "hanging your heads out of the van" to see if we wanted to come with you, that was never our intention, as we chose to attend the awards show. At THIS critical point in time, all five people going back to the hotel left in the ONLY three cars available for driving.

Had any critical thinking occurred at this point, it would have been easy to figure out that josh, luke, stacy and I would have to ride back in one of the following ways: 1) thumbing it; 2) A cab, from which there were myriads to choose; or 3) all four of us in the rally car, that shouldn't even have been carrying 2 people.

Thus, rather than risking their own dignity, the boys offered up their girlfriends to the trunk of the rally car. Like the good, silent, systematically desensitized women that we are, stacy and I sacriticed our clothing and sanitation and crawed through the trunk. We sat spread eagle over the battery, avoided sharp edges and tetanus, and nearly silently sucked it up for the 20 minute ride back to the hotel.

Upon arriving at the hotel, we figured we'd make the most of the situation and play a joke on our exhausted and apparently delirious crewmates. We thought it would be funny if the boys pretended that they couldn't find us, so they pretended they drove the rally car home assuming we'd gone in the van. With luke snickering in the bathroom, stacy and I still in the back of the rally car, josh played a convincing part of "boyfriend lost girlfriend." He then asked for the keys to the van to come back to "find" us, came outside, and actually drove the four of us to the front of the hotel in the van, to simulate leaving to go back to the fairgrounds.

I was entirely over it at this point and just really wanting to shower and sleep, but I was outvoted and it was decided that stacy and I would then enter the room, say we got a ride home from Geoff, and that we couldnt' find the boys. Stacy kicked open the door, I made a confincing pissed off face, and a confused crew of 5 looked suspicious, but broke our hearts by saying they were just happy we were ok.

That's where the joke ended, and that's the complete story. I'm not sure who believed any of us, but what remains true is that I got a nice ride in the trunk of a rally car for my very first rally and i think we've all learned that plans should be made BEFORE everyone is so exhausted they can't count.

I'm not mad though, I thought most of it was amusing and my clothes were nice and clean when josh was finished doing the laundry sunday night :)

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:05 pm

Great closing argument Betsy, Spoken like a true Legal Eagle! I think you could have easily gotten O.J. off the hook! I sure hope the team doesn't get a bill for the time spent writing that disortation. If we could sell more SaabRally tee shirts at the events, we could keep her on retainer.

Had cell phones actually worked, a little more communication would have made many things much smoother in the end. The (technologically dependent) SaabRally crew, fell victim to very similar circumstances that Beavis and Butthead encountered in their epic saga of Beavis and Butthead Do America when the TV stopped working. We were all lost without our precious cell phones. Had anyone been able to hold any semblence of a signal, someone could have called us and filled us in on our mistake. And Im sure any one of us would have gladly returned to avoid the need for concern that led to jacking the thread meant to praise Luke and Josh for their accomplishments.

Note to self, Carrier Pidgeons for NEFR!

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:54 pm

Mongo NeEd ABirgded veRshun. TOO meny werds. :idea:

Betsy wrote:Ok, as the anal retentive lawyer of the bunch, and as someone who honors truthfulness, I will recap this "practical joke" of saturday night. I still agree with stacy and luke that the joke was, in fact, on US, but I'll let the objectivity of the saabrally forum vindicate us in the end.

Somewhere in the middle of pennsylvania, at approximately 10:30 pm, luke and josh have finished their two days of racing and believe that they are entitled to prizes and praise for their accomplishments. They decide to attend the awards "banquet," aka "breakfast under the halogens," and ask stacy and I to accompany them. Contemporaneous with the decision to attend the banquet, our 5 other mighty service men and woman decid it is bedtime. Carolyn and paul had a car, sam had his car, and the van was parked next to the rally car. Luke asked jordan and jason to attach the trailer to the van, as he didn't want to have to drive the rally car home. To the best of my knowledge, jordan and jason obliged and attached the trailer.

Here's where the oversight occurred: at this point, all 5 people going back to the hotel knew that there were three cars to drive (car, car, van), one car that needed towing (the saab), and 4 people staying to admire the boys talents for at least an hour. While Jason and Jordan, I applaude your consideration in "hanging your heads out of the van" to see if we wanted to come with you, that was never our intention, as we chose to attend the awards show. At THIS critical point in time, all five people going back to the hotel left in the ONLY three cars available for driving.

Had any critical thinking occurred at this point, it would have been easy to figure out that josh, luke, stacy and I would have to ride back in one of the following ways: 1) thumbing it; 2) A cab, from which there were myriads to choose; or 3) all four of us in the rally car, that shouldn't even have been carrying 2 people.

Thus, rather than risking their own dignity, the boys offered up their girlfriends to the trunk of the rally car. Like the good, silent, systematically desensitized women that we are, stacy and I sacriticed our clothing and sanitation and crawed through the trunk. We sat spread eagle over the battery, avoided sharp edges and tetanus, and nearly silently sucked it up for the 20 minute ride back to the hotel.

Upon arriving at the hotel, we figured we'd make the most of the situation and play a joke on our exhausted and apparently delirious crewmates. We thought it would be funny if the boys pretended that they couldn't find us, so they pretended they drove the rally car home assuming we'd gone in the van. With luke snickering in the bathroom, stacy and I still in the back of the rally car, josh played a convincing part of "boyfriend lost girlfriend." He then asked for the keys to the van to come back to "find" us, came outside, and actually drove the four of us to the front of the hotel in the van, to simulate leaving to go back to the fairgrounds.

I was entirely over it at this point and just really wanting to shower and sleep, but I was outvoted and it was decided that stacy and I would then enter the room, say we got a ride home from Geoff, and that we couldnt' find the boys. Stacy kicked open the door, I made a confincing pissed off face, and a confused crew of 5 looked suspicious, but broke our hearts by saying they were just happy we were ok.

That's where the joke ended, and that's the complete story. I'm not sure who believed any of us, but what remains true is that I got a nice ride in the trunk of a rally car for my very first rally and i think we've all learned that plans should be made BEFORE everyone is so exhausted they can't count.

I'm not mad though, I thought most of it was amusing and my clothes were nice and clean when josh was finished doing the laundry sunday night :)
I am the 73%

stacy

Postby stacy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Crazyswede wrote:Mongo NeEd ABirgded veRshun. TOO meny werds.

ha ha. seth you crack me up. cant wait to see you next month.
Jason, youre gonna have a great time in maine. It was my favorite rally last year.

check out these 1st place awards...not to mention the cute driver, aka jason stackhouse,(promise thats the only girly comment i will ever post. just had to say it once)
29902_1482910277912_1388492865_2396899_683267_n.jpg
29902_1482910277912_1388492865_2396899_683267_n.jpg (73.23 KiB) Viewed 4857 times

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:25 am

stacy wrote:check out these 1st place awards...not to mention the cute driver, aka jason stackhouse,(promise thats the only girly comment i will ever post. just had to say it once)

I don't know... Josh does have pretty eyelashes :lol:

Return to “News and Events”