Grandview Rally-X

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Re: Grandview Rally-X

Postby SwedeSport » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:56 am

The results for the event have FINALLY been posted at the Philly SCCA website. If I am reading the sheet correctly, I think I ended up 6th overall for the day. Not bad considering 15 of the 24 entries were Subarus. I thought those guys were supposed to clean up on dirt?

http://www.phillyscca.com/schedule/regi ... hedule.htm
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:22 pm

I dono, I'd like to drive a M4 scooby some day in a rallyX and compare my times vs my M2 times in my car. I think rallyX, at least right now (in it's infancy) is more about the driver than the car. At the last event my ignition module went bad and I missed a run but got to drive a guy's Honda during that run. We normally battle it out pretty close for times. In his car I beat him by 2 seconds on that run (over a 40 second course) and I wasn't pushing it because I felt like I was going to over rev and I didn't know if there was a rev limiter. At other events we've had the fastest time of the day be an M2 car. We like giving the M4 guys crap when we do that :-) At one winter event Mongo and I drove his street car with my almost bald (as in, past the wear bars) Hakka Qs. I won overall. Learning to drive an underpowered 2wd car fast makes you a better driver than someone who can point a powerful 4wd car around a course and finish in the same time it took you.

Whats with Luke's DNS runs?
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:00 pm

See the " wanted, stronger axles" post
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Return to “News and Events”