Covered Bridge Rally-X

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Covered Bridge Rally-X

Postby Luke » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Geoff wrote:A good time was had by all, except maybe Jordan who popped a hole in the oil cooler of his new daily driver. How did the repair go? What time did Luke and Jason get home to PA?

6 SAABs competed, five C900s and one 99. 11 drivers in all!

Jordan decided to stay in VT last night and make the repairs today, last I heard they were going to swap in an NA oil filter block.
Jason and I swapped some tires around and watched Josh very delicately mount rally tires onto Jordans nice minilites, only 3 people pushing down the bead and a big hammer and 100 psi was needed. We ended up leaving around 7:30 and I was home a few minutes before 12, not too bad.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:28 pm

I had an additional hour and a half to get home from Luke's. I rolled into the house around 1:30 am.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:24 pm

I just got home tonight (Monday) @ 7:30. They had a snow/sleet storm which required some different tires than the bald summer tires that I drove up there with. I bought two new tires from chris and found some used ones and mounted them up with the help of Chris's tire machine.

As for the repairs I swapped in the non-turbo oil filter housing and the brake line crimp held up ok. I still had a good time , it's just been a stressful week!

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Just cleaned the car out and put away all the gear I dragged up to the rally-x. The car had so much crap in (and on) it, that it was nearly doing a wheelie the whole trip home.

Anyone that missed out on the event but would still be interested in a teeshirt, I still have 3 medium, 2 large, and 2 xlarge left. If one of these is calling out to you, send me 15.00 and ill fire it off in the mail.

Glad you got home ok Jordan. You had a rough weekend, but you still kicked my butt at the event. I have no doubt you'll have it all sorted out by spring.

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:44 pm

BTW , the t-shirts were awesome. I think next year we will have more time to hang out and get our drink on.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff

Postby Geoff » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:19 pm

That sucks about the car but at least you were able to get it going and get it home. My first rallyX was either the 2nd or 3rd that NER/SCCA had set up and nobody really had figured out how to set up courses. The second half of the day the course was moved so that it crossed the first course where a big sweeper had been. Cars were getting air at the crossing. My front motor mount popped out of the forks in the body of the car ('85 SPG) and it spit the driver's side driveshaft out of the inner driver. We were able to get the motor back in place at the event but had to wait hours (maybe until 7:30 or 8:00 at night) for AAA to show up and tow us about an hour over to the shop that Seth worked at. We then swapped in a replacement inner driver (mine had been bent so the driveshaft wouldn't fit back in) and drove home, getting back around 2AM. I think I had an exam the next morning.

Yes, next time = more gathering time! Kelly and I went out to dinner with Seth and his girlfriend after the event. We figured more hands at Chris' shop would just get in the way and we couldn't subject the girls to any more car stuff :-)
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:05 pm

We should try to get up there Friday night. Then we will have all day Saturday to maybe work on the cars in the morning, take a scenic drive in the afternoon, and get good and drunk at dinner. Gotta be sufficiently hungover for Sunday.

airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby airsweden » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:50 pm

I think I heard Uncle Ted say that the Event will be held at Killington next year.... bout an hour up the the road from Pagano norra slott.
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

Return to “News and Events”