Covered Bridge Rally-X

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Re: Covered Bridge Rally-X

Postby SwedeSport » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:12 pm

I seem to recall the same problem in my car. Luke kept it in 2nd for me at grandview.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Luke wrote:
Yeah I figured if we can get access to Chris's shop on saturday we could spent a little time doing final prepping and wheel swaping etc on saturday. Jason and I are planning to caravan friday night.

I'm wondering if you guys want to come to my house Friday night and we can all caravan sat morning? I'm not sure if it's that much out of the way if you go 84. It also breaks up the trip for you guys after work and I get some backup if anything happens enroute.

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:59 pm

I'm down with that plan if Luke is.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:30 am

Jordan wrote:JT and I had to use two people in his car last time. One to drive and one to hold the thing in second gear.

There's a guy who drives a HonDUH in M2 and he has a bungee cord to hold the car in gear. He does that because the car only has one seat so he isn't allowed to have a rider hold the shifter in place for him. :lol:
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby airsweden » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:07 pm

I used to do that too.... learned the trick from our old pal Kory Rooks.
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

KPAero
Nickname: Pascal
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby KPAero » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Okay, I have three options for what to drive:

My current DD, a 9000 Aero. While it drives really nice, Id rather not rallyx it. I know that the risk of anything major going wrong is low, but its in nice shape......

My previous DD, another 9000 Aero. This one has 250,000 miles, and it drives like it has 250,000 miles. I figure that won't make a huge difference in a rallyx. Plus it already has snows on it. The only issue would be if it sells before the rallyx.

Finally, my Dad just offered to let me drive his 900 Turbo. Im tempted by this because, a. its not my car(but it used to be) b. Ive used this car in a few rally x and a bunch of hillclimbs and always enjoy driving it.

airsweden

Postby airsweden » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Def bring the 900. I still have a decent set of snows already on 4X108 wheels for you if needed....lmk. Are you planning on comming up Sat or Sun? Seems to be room at La Casa de Pagano Nord Sat night and there is a chance of some playtime/shoptime on Sat.
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:05 pm

We'll definitely be at the condo to hang Sat night so we can head over early in the morning. Everyone is welcome to come/spend the night.

+1 for 900

KPAero
Nickname: Pascal
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby KPAero » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:24 pm

The 900 does seem like the best choice. I'll be able to pick up a set of snows when I go home to trade cars. Im thinking Ill be able to make it up sometime on Sat.

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:41 am

So are we going to do T-shirts? I'd pay a couple bucks for one!

Thinking big for next year, I think we could do a tour on Sat (or TSD) and then do the RallyX Sunday. We can call it "Grön FJäll Turista och Rallyt" , Green Mountain Tour and Rally, if someone has a better translation.

Make the shirt a cool green with white Mtn. graphic, have the date, location, annual # and maybe even JT's driver list on the back? Possibly some other SAAB/SaabRally.com/SwedeSport logos somewhere.

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:55 am

Hey, you ever notice those Japanese car fans who put Kanji on their cars...

just making a comparison. ;)
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:04 am

max wrote:Hey, you ever notice those Japanese car fans who put Kanji on their cars...

Hey, you ever notice that you are a douchenozzle? ;)

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:17 am

I definitely see potential to make this a yearly SAABRALLY.com gathering. And I think we bill it as such. Other than "come see us at rally whatever" we dont have our own events. This year is kinda impromptu and last minute, but I think if we can settle on a catchy name for the event, and consistently use that each year, we would be technically "branding" the event. I could see the attendance rising over the next few years. And even turn it into a cash cow to support the team. We could do preregistration with a small donation to the team effort. Make it something nominal like 25 bucks or whatnot. You would still have to reg for the TSD or RallyX depending which you will run. The 25.00 would break down as such. 10.00 to SaabRally team. 10 bucks covers the shirt, and 5 bucks goes toward an effort to provide a lunch at the RallyX. If it gets big enough we could produce and sell some team schwag.

As far as the shirt goes, I have been putting together a mock up of the 1st annual Saab Stomp and Rally-x idea. It would be a parody of the Sport and Rally logo. Add some event info like date and location, and insert a graphic (I like the idea of using a shelby wheel or something like that). Probably a real simple 1 color layout on the front of the tee. Im gonna throw together a small run of shirts for this one. But time is limited so well see what turns out. In years to come we can get some sponsors for on the back.

I need all who plan to attend to respond with shirt sizes so I can pull it off for this year. Im figuring if I made roughly 2 dozen we would be covered.

Either way it seems this event was born out of "Lets see if we can swamp prereg with Saabs and effectively take over the event" I think we keep that theme to some extent.

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:18 am

Jordan wrote:
max wrote:Hey, you ever notice those Japanese car fans who put Kanji on their cars...

Hey, you ever notice that you are a douchenozzle? ;)

Why yes, sir, I have! I just like to play a mild troll.. :fuckyou:
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:20 am

SwedeSport wrote:I definitely see potential to make this a yearly SAABRALLY.com gathering. And I think we bill it as such. Other than "come see us at rally whatever" we dont have our own events. This year is kinda impromptu and last minute, but I think if we can settle on a catchy name for the event, and consistently use that each year, we would be technically "branding" the event. I could see the attendance rising over the next few years. And even turn it into a cash cow to support the team. We could do preregistration with a small donation to the team effort. Make it something nominal like 25 bucks or whatnot. You would still have to reg for the TSD or RallyX depending which you will run. The 25.00 would break down as such. 10.00 to SaabRally team. 10 bucks covers the shirt, and 5 bucks goes toward an effort to provide a lunch at the RallyX. If it gets big enough we could produce and sell some team schwag.

As far as the shirt goes, I have been putting together a mock up of the 1st annual Saab Stomp and Rally-x idea. It would be a parody of the Sport and Rally logo. Add some event info like date and location, and insert a graphic (I like the idea of using a shelby wheel or something like that). Probably a real simple 1 color layout on the front of the tee. Im gonna throw together a small run of shirts for this one. But time is limited so well see what turns out. In years to come we can get some sponsors for on the back.

I need all who plan to attend to respond with shirt sizes so I can pull it off for this year. Im figuring if I made roughly 2 dozen we would be covered.

Either way it seems this event was born out of "Lets see if we can swamp prereg with Saabs and effectively take over the event" I think we keep that theme to some extent.

I think cash cow is stretching it , and since its mostly "us" who are doing this thing I don't think we are need to profit off it. Selling a couple extra Tees for your trouble, maybe organizing a Fast-Road run in SW VT on Sat is all I was thinking of. If you have a couple of designs/slogans we can put them up in a poll on here and vote for the favorite. I don't think more than maybe a dozen would be needed.

Return to “News and Events”