24 Hours of LeMons driver needed

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

24 Hours of LeMons driver needed

Postby airsweden » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:54 pm

My pal Josh and his gang are dragging 2 cars down from New England to Palm Beach, FL for the New Years Eve event.

They have a 2-stroke 96 and a 16V N/A 900 entered and need at least one more driver. I guess they have 8 drivers now but need 9 and prefer 10.

If anybody here has the time, interest and ability to get their ass to the race and drive then this is your chance to hit the track for hours and hours of SAAB racing awesomeness with all the hard work already done.

I'm flying down and driving back in whatever I end up buying at a Miami used car lot. There's still room in the truck, leaves Springfield MA on the 28th I think.

All you need is an approved helmet, driving suit, shoes and socks. This tues is the last day to register drivers and it can be done online with a credit card. Registration is about $250 and Josh needs another $250 or so in cash to help pay for tires and whatnot.

If anybody is seriously interested, PM me and I'll put the wheels in motion to get you onboard.

joshy t
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Re: 24 Hours of LeMons driver needed

Postby SwedeSport » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:53 pm

I would have loved to do this but the timing sucks. I am already committed to plans at that time. Hopefully another opportunity will come along.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby airsweden » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:27 pm

Alright, looks like we's all set for Miami.

If anybody in the north east really wants to take a shot at LeMons.... remember there will be 2 real road course events, late spring and early summer in NJ and NH. I don't know haw many cars these guys plan to have ready but if you speak up you might be able to get in on it for $500-$600 or so.
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:06 am

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:22 am

get the VIN and run a carfax so you can see where it's been registered, likely in Miami that's just some rusty snow-birds car. You need a real southern car to make it worth the trouble.
Less brake more gas!

Return to “News and Events”