CART Events

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

CART Events

Postby Jordan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:04 am

So the local AutoX/Track day club (cartct.com)just posted their 2011 schedule. I was planning on running a lot of AutoX's because they used to be 5-minutes away and would be a great opportunity to get the car and driver dialed in. However, a Porsche club ran an event last November and got noise complaints and so we lost the local site. Now the majority of the events are held at the Thompson Speedway which is close to 2 hours away. :bawl: There is one event (April 17th) that is fairly close but after that I'll be looking at some other venues. Not currently having a trailer or tow vehicle I'd like to stay fairly local, or at least close to a SAABRrally.com service station ;)

They are running four track day events. Two at Lime Rock Park and two at Pocono South...not sure how those tracks are, maybe I'll try a Lime Rock day or two.

I'd really like to run some hilllclimbs but I'd need to get the safety regs sorted out and prep the car a bit more for them most likely. And of course this is all under the assumption that the car is running fairly well.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: CART Events

Postby Crazyswede » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Limerock is a lot of fun to run. I have heard that it has been repaved and some of the corners have been reshaped. I have heard that the uphill turn is gone or has been smoothed out. Cars used to get air coming over the top of that hill and then the decent down the otherside was always a test of commitment to the throttle and gear choice. I have run one track a Pocono but I am not sure which one. Pocono was a lot of fun but its a completely different layout. Where Limerock is one track and you use the whole thing Pocono is a Nascar Trioval and must be like 3 miles long. So the track days use some portion of the main track combined with infield roads to create road courses. When I was there 10 years ago there were 2 or 3 different clubs each running a different portion of the track.
I am the 73%

Return to “News and Events”