2011 Vermont Winter rally

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

2011 Vermont Winter rally

Postby Crazyswede » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:52 am

o_O Well Geoff and I competed in the Vermont Winter Rally again this year....or we did for about 50 miles. At this point the battery warning light lit up on the dash....we checked the charging voltage and there was none...then we turned around for home. We turned everything off that we could..heat, dash lights, radio, etc etc and tried to make it home. We managed to cover 40 or 50 miles before the battery gave up on the interstate. The best part was turning the lights off to Park only and running the 5 watt city lights....then coasting down a hill, catching up to another car and coasting past it. We then managed to accelerate up to about 85...driving by light of the full moon and passed at least 1 more car before the car lost all power a half mile or so later. We managed to coast a little farther and then came to a stop in the break down lane. Luckily we had cell service and about an hour later got a tow back to my house. Car is on a trickle charger now and Hopefully i can get down to the shop on Tuesday to replace the alternator.
I am the 73%

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: 2011 Vermont Winter rally

Postby Geoff » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:31 am

Where we had to stop on the interstate the temperature was -5°F and there were 30 or 40mph winds. The inside of the windows froze up almost instantly. We were prepared for the cold weather, Seth even brought his sleeping bag. "What's that officer? No, we're fine, just two men under a sleeping bag in a car on the side of the highway."
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: 2011 Vermont Winter rally

Postby Jordan » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:08 am

You know it's warmer if you take your clothes off. :lol:

Sucks about the rally.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97