Okemo I 2011 Hillclimb

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: Okemo I 2011 Hillclimb

Postby Jordan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:41 am

MOTHER F#@KER! :ranting:

So I started disassembling the carbs off of the car when I noticed that one of the underside taper screws holding the auxiliary venturi in place was missing and it was clocked slightly off. Not sure how I missed this on the mountain (I guess because I was chasing everything else).. I haven't put them back together yet, but that would definitely cause dropped cylinder.

Basically the aux venturi positions the fuel squarely in the center of the main choke and boosts the atomization..fuel was getting sucked in around it at idle... but would not atomize under throttle.

Normally they are held in by a lock tabs with the ends bent in to keep them from backing out. It was still there, but apparently did not work too well. They also have holes to wire lock them in place which I will now be utilizing!

I also did a compression test earlier just to make sure it was nothing internal like a bad ring or something, but everything checked out OK. All cylinders were around 115psi...give or take. Seemed kind of low...but at least it was consistent.

Live and learn.

Return to “News and Events”