Scanwest Customer Apprecation BBQ

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Scanwest Customer Apprecation BBQ

Postby squaab99t » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:12 pm

The folks at the shop throw a BBQ every year to show the customers they would not be there without them. Weather was great and when there is free food they come running (or driving in this case)

Great showing of 900c

Dan's TD Rally car
Gorgeous SPG flatnose

Monte yellow vert

Craig H '79 900 EMS and a '78 99t in the background

Hans made it too in his notchback.

Hans
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: Scanwest Customer Apprecation BBQ

Postby Hans » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:00 pm

Good to see you, Dennis. Why no pic of your own very nice 99T?

The 99T behind Craig H's cherry 79 900 EMS (dual vents = +20 hp :yay:) is for sale. If anyone's interested, I can probably track the owner down. He used to stage rally 99s in the 70s, btw.

Scanwest also has a 78-80 99 notchback that's gutted/caged that I think is for sale. Looks to be set up for tarmac.

I was told that the Monte Carlo yellow 'vert is actually "crash yellow," and might've originally been slated for sacrificial testing by Saab.

sjones

Postby sjones » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:46 pm

I got the flyer for it and was planning to go with my wife, but ended up doing something else. Thanks for the photos. Next year I'll drive the 99.

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby squaab99t » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Hans wrote:Good to see you, Dennis. Why no pic of your own very nice 99T?

The 99T behind Craig H's cherry 79 900 EMS (dual vents = +20 hp :yay:) is for sale. If anyone's interested, I can probably track the owner down. He used to stage rally 99s in the 70s, btw.

Scanwest also has a 78-80 99 notchback that's gutted/caged that I think is for sale. Looks to be set up for tarmac.

I was told that the Monte Carlo yellow 'vert is actually "crash yellow," and might've originally been slated for sacrificial testing by Saab.

Shot of the 99t's engine bay that is for sale. I think I saw 2800 on the for sale sign.

Some shots of my 99t.

My wife and little one supporting my habit.

turbo stephan
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby turbo stephan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:56 am

I always wanted to attend one of the Scanwest BBQs but never made it. Seems like there was a great collection of cars, even better than what we usually see at the Swedish car cruise in. Anyways next year I should be able to attend and might not need to drive so far anymore either :yay:

Stephan

Return to “News and Events”