2012 Vermont Winter challenge

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

2012 Vermont Winter challenge

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:40 am

Well Geoff and I entered into the Winter Challenge again this year. This must be the 7th or 8th year they have run the event and we have yet to miss it. Last year we had to withdraw about 20 miles into the start with a failed alternator. This year we withdrew at the end of the second section with a completely failed drivers side upper strut retainer. The aluminum completely fractured and the strut was rubbing on the hood. I just ordered a pair of the cheap replacements from Eeuro. One will go in the car and the other will be used as a template for building some more robust units. The car is driveable now but I have to be very careful at what I hit. :ranting:
I am the 73%

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: 2012 Vermont Winter challenge

Postby Geoff » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:08 pm

I looked at the strut mounts on our '99 9-3. The housings are steel and almost as thick as the aluminum on the NG900 mounts.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: 2012 Vermont Winter challenge

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:18 pm

I ordered 2 new of the cheap aftermarket mounts from eeuro but they haven't shipped yet :dunno: I bought one to stick in the car, and one to use for a template for making a new set of mounts and coil over conversion.
I am the 73%

Return to “News and Events”