Videos From Black River On You-tube

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
Luke
Site Admin

Videos From Black River On You-tube

Postby Luke » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:15 am

I found some videos from BRS on You-tube, including some great footage of us.

Stage 8 including one of the jumps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqgsAa5J50I
We were really flying even compared to most of the front runners. Footage of the SAAB starts at 2:30

Stage 3 with the well documented gravel spray, we made it out of the deep gravel pit quicker than I remembered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJuDmyy4pXs

I emailed the videographer to see if we could get an original copy so that we could compress with better resolution and show on the site.

max
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby max » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:01 am

Dude... you NAILED that jump on stage 7 and even the little one in the last part.
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:48 am

cool, maybe I'll get a chance to see them this weekend when I have my new DSL hooked up....Youtube is blocked at work....strangely enough they havent blocked google videos yet

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:50 am

max wrote:Dude... you NAILED that jump on stage 7 and even the little one in the last part.

Luke nailed all of the jumps in stage 7. The big one apparently he didnt hear me yelling...this is the big one :shock: since when he landed he asked me in a rather shaky voice if that was the big one. I wish we could have gotten a time for that stage because we didnt lift for anything. On the way out we were a lot lighter over all but the one jump and we have a fast time. :roll:

saabvideos

Postby saabvideos » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:26 pm

Great video! Please let me know when you have more videos. I want to post them on saabvideos.com

I have already added a link to your site.

Best,

Ryan

Nice to see you around Ryan. I had a Saab films site at one point years ago, but I lacked time, knowledge, and proper webspace, so it was short lived. There will definetly be more videos of the team in the upcoming events, but they are few and far between so be patient.
-
Webmaster - Saab Videos
http://www.saabvideos.com

matt
Turbo Troll Crew Chief

Postby matt » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:48 pm

is the gravel pit on stage 3 when the shifter was broken?
"we changed a flat in 4 minutes, twice"
1994 9000 Aero (intake, stg 4 ecu, 3" TBE, clutch + broken trans mod) *sold*
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon *sold*
2006 Subaru WRX Wagon I'm back on boost!
ImageImage

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:33 pm

Yeah, we broke the shifter shortly before that corner. I was shifting with a sharp stub at that point. On another note, every time I see video of the car I can hear the dead point on the 2-3 shift, I am at redline in 2nd and bogging in 3rd, very annoying. I am hoping with a new turbo that spools at a lower RPM to eliminate that.

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:30 am

For all the money you want to spend on a new turbo, it will probably be a ball bearing cartridge, which should help. My friend who is building a turbo honda (don't worry, he isn't one of THOSE guys) specced a new ball bearing turbonetics unit for his car, at least last i heard. If you want, I can ask him for some of his advice on here and what or where to get it. He might be able to help you get a deal, I believe he has wholesaler status with some companies.
-Max

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:25 am

I knew a friend of a friend a while back who built an awd VW corrado with a supercharged and then later switched to turbo charged VR6 engine. he bought a hybrid ceramic ball bearing t3/t4 turbo for about $800.

Now, I think Lukes engine makes more then enough power with the turbo thats in there and its clearly on its last legs. The lag time seemed pretty non existent, and the car accelerated nicely on stage. You could change your final drive ratio to a 30/31 which basicaly makes 1st useless, but 2nd, 3d, and 4th become nice and close. The drawback is the gears are a lot closer and it feels like the engine never loads the turbo as much so the boost effect seem less pronounced.

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:00 pm

Well, I don't think he needs any more power, but if he's going to replace it he might as well go with a quick spooling high quality unit. He was mentioning a t25/8 unit. I can see what my friend can get one for.
-Max

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:40 pm

I talked to the guy that shot the video. He will put all the stuff of the saab on a DVD for $20. I told him to go ahead and do it. I think it would be great to get some more footage up here.

Return to “News and Events”