STPR 2012

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: STPR 2012

Postby hutch » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Geoff wrote:Sorry I couldn't be there to help, but at the same time... I'm not too sorry I missed the all-nighter in the garage . :P

I feel the same way, although that probably would have been about as wild an introduction to rallying as you could get for me!

Congrats to all parties involved though, that looks like a great albeit tiring weekend.

matt
Turbo Troll Crew Chief
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby matt » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:59 am

Luke and I have seen teams thrash on cars through the night (I think it was STPR? a couple 3 years ago) when the subaru team was tearing down one car to build a car that was arriving by truck to be able to compete the following morning.

The best thing I can say about the Saab crew is this: as hard working and dedicated as those Subaru guys without the pay check. (and the ridiculous gear setups). I'm sad that I missed the chance to be at the event and wouldn't have missed the chance to do the work all night (provided there was pizza, was there pizza?).

So, to all those who were there (or have been there before) Thanks Crew!
"we changed a flat in 4 minutes, twice"
1994 9000 Aero (intake, stg 4 ecu, 3" TBE, clutch + broken trans mod) *sold*
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon *sold*
2006 Subaru WRX Wagon I'm back on boost!
ImageImage

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:09 am

matt wrote:Luke and I have seen teams thrash on cars through the night (I think it was STPR? a couple 3 years ago) when the subaru team was tearing down one car to build a car that was arriving by truck to be able to compete the following morning.

The best thing I can say about the Saab crew is this: as hard working and dedicated as those Subaru guys without the pay check. (and the ridiculous gear setups). I'm sad that I missed the chance to be at the event and wouldn't have missed the chance to do the work all night (provided there was pizza, was there pizza?).

So, to all those who were there (or have been there before) Thanks Crew!

Rest assured there was pizza
I am the 73%

321go
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby 321go » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:55 am

SwedeSport wrote:Because it's good business to get into a pissing match with a participant over photo and video ownership.

Sounds like if RA keeps going the way they are, They will chase the competitors away too, just like the photographers. Couple that with the priority they place on a few select teams, and the disorganized manor in which they conducted the awards program, sounds like a recipe for teams to pick another event to do that weekend.

All weekend the chatter seemed to be about the mess that STPR has become.

Two things to keep in mind here. RA has nothing much to do with how STPR is run. RA has 5-6 paid employees that oversee the series, but any complaints about the event should be directed toward the organizers. And I'm sure they'd appreciate constructive criticism.

Second, you all are exaggerating the photo thing a bit. Anybody can go spectate or marshal and take as many photos as they want and post them anywhere they want. They can't and don't police that. Just don't try to sell them with getting prior approval.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:11 am

This is just what I heard photographers who make their living off the event pics they take. Some said they will never bring their equipment out to another event.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:57 am

Saw this on my infrequently used website junkyarding.com and had to make a post! haha!

http://junkyarding.freeforums.org/post46626.html#p46626

Yes, related to this thread.
Less brake more gas!

Return to “News and Events”