Any SAAB entries in the 2013 New England Forest Rally?

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Any SAAB entries in the 2013 New England Forest Rally?

Postby gmreider » Tue May 28, 2013 11:48 am

My wife and I were planning to be in Maine about that time and are considering adjusting our trip. We would like to see you guys in action. I have looked online, but entry lists don't seem to be available. Is this event spectator friendly for at least some accesss to the padock area between stages? We will be south near Freeeport Maine and it looks like only a 2 hour or less drive to the Resort area. Is a day trip up worth while?

Should we pack classic 99-900 parts in our 9-5 wagon?

Luke
Site Admin

Re: Any SAAB entries in the 2013 New England Forest Rally?

Postby Luke » Tue May 28, 2013 2:52 pm

gmreider wrote:My wife and I were planning to be in Maine about that time and are considering adjusting our trip. We would like to see you guys in action. I have looked online, but entry lists don't seem to be available. Is this event spectator friendly for at least some accesss to the padock area between stages? We will be south near Freeeport Maine and it looks like only a 2 hour or less drive to the Resort area. Is a day trip up worth while?

Should we pack classic 99-900 parts in our 9-5 wagon?

At this point if we run anything that weekend it will probably be Rally West Virginia. I imagine Mike White may make an appearance there though...

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Tue May 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Unfortunately they changed the date for New England Forest Rally because ken Block had a conflict with the original date. The new date is on the exact same weekend as Rally West Virginia. Both are good events and both are hyping up the # of stage miles and new roads for this years event. We have run the the forest rally several times and not RWV in a while.
I am the 73%

321go
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby 321go » Thu May 30, 2013 11:08 pm

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration on why they changed the date. I know the guys that run NEFR a bit and they aren't the type to do that. I'm sure there were real reasons.

Return to “News and Events”