Results from Polish Mountain Hill climb / Flintstone MD

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Results from Polish Mountain Hill climb / Flintstone MD

Postby gmreider » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:14 am

This event was a first time for me. The course is challenging and you can get moving pretty fast.
My SAAB made me look good again with another class win. Only 2 cars in the class, my competition being a supercharged 2002 Mini cooper S. The two of us swapped places for first early Saturday in the dry, then it started to rain lightly. We both decided to try it in the rain and found it not too wet at all. according to the timers, I ran my fastest time of the day on the 2nd rain run. That time beat a lot of cars and put me 30th place of all the cars there (65 cars). I tended not to believe that run.
The Mini and I started Sunday in the dry. He beat me by .945 seconds on the first run. After that I took over 1st and never left go. ended the day ahead by 1.028 seconds. Real close friendly fun. I think my overall placing of all cars entered was 39th for the weekend.
Duryea Hill climb is August 17-18 and the competition is going to be stiff. I'll be happy with a 3rd or 4th place. The class is 8 cars. Jason Morris will be there also. If anyone is close by , come and say hello!

Have to mention the Paul H and Delorean helped me a bunch with a T-7 BPS conversion and some more tweeking. Thanks Guys!!

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Re: Results from Polish Mountain Hill climb / Flintstone MD

Postby SwedeSport » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:22 am

Sounds like a good time!

Looking forward to Duryea.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Return to “News and Events”