FAll Weatherly hill climb results

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

FAll Weatherly hill climb results

Postby gmreider » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:56 am

Fall Weatherly was the last PHA hill climb of the year. Saturday was cool., Sunday was warmer and dryer. Joe Keech in his Mini squeaked passed me on his 6th run to take the lead. I pushed a little more and came with in .171 of a second to his best time. He took the win and deserved it.
I wish my Quaife would arrive soon. I could just not power out of some of the corners without lighting up the tires badly.
Joe and I are the only 2 cars to have run every event ( 8 hills) this year. I finished ahead of him for the seasonal class championship with 65 points to his 62 points.
I'm going to start on the 86 notch back 2 door soon for next year. Going to need more HP next year as I think the class is going to explode next year with new cars and drivers.
After running all season, I have decided what you most need hill climbing is HP that you can put to the pavement. You need good handling too, but the fastest cars have either lots of HP or they way 800-1000 pounds and have only 180-200 HP. Go Figure.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Re: FAll Weatherly hill climb results

Postby SwedeSport » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Or we can put our money together, and purchase the Saab Pikes Peak car... I think it was like 800 HP.

Congrats on the class win!
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Return to “News and Events”