Pagoda Hill climb Reading PA June 28-29

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Re: Pagoda Hill climb Reading PA June 28-29

Postby DeLorean » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:42 pm

gmreider wrote:I am going to Giant's despair HC in 2 weeks with the green car. I may be the only SAAAB there unless Jeff is ready to go again. Giants is a good hill for a big turbo. I might rob the LSD trans from "Red" for a little while will the rebuild process starts. I'll have some photos later.

I got nothing else going on except work, so why the hell not? My car is in fully operational condition still, I think it thinks it's a Honda Civic in terms of reliability. Tomorrow I'll pop Garys race tires off and go for a 500 mile junkyarding run with it ;) It just wants to go.

I do have a list of little stuff I would like to get done before the next race, but... all I REALLY need to do is belt up and run it again. I didn't hurt the car at all, and I have AAA 200 mile towing. So far the thing has driven to and from both events under it's own power.

I still have my monster engine and trans in the build process. But the engine / trans it has in it has been doing pretty good even with it's drawbacks. I think once the other Saabs start beating me, then I can add the LSD and another 50-100 HP. The set up it has might be a better thing for me to learn these hills on rather than something that will really fly. Once you are going up the hill under race conditions, it's a lot different feeling than going up when the road is open. 95 MPH between turns 5-6 at pagoda was scary enough at the moment, if it were doing 115 I would have shat my pants.

Also, I think our spring rates are not optimum for race tires. With the race tires, I get a lot of lean and general funnyness when things are really loaded and there are any sort of imperfections in the road. Could also be that all my rear bushings are worn 280K+ components. Maybe fixing those is step one...
Less brake more gas!

gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby gmreider » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:23 am

That's the spirit Jeff. Online registration ends July 6th. If you enter before that you can save $20.00 or more.

Another thing to do is enter DURYEA HC now!!. Online registration opened this AM. This event can fill up in a week to 10 days.
This may be more important then getting the Giant's entry in on time.
Since you and Paul liked Pagoda, you will love the extra length and the speed to the Fire Tower finish @ Duryea. 100+ MPH finishes for us SAAB's.

99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Postby 99Super » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Sorry to hear about the damage, glad to hear you are OK, but is sounds like a great time was had by all!
SMF is turning out to be where all the old Street Prepared end up. A really fast class.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Just sent my entry in for Duryea, and Polish Mtn.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

BIRDIEMANGO
Nickname: BIRDIE
Number of Saabs currently owned: 8

Postby BIRDIEMANGO » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:49 am

gmreider wrote:Yes , we have been evaluating the damage already and I am almost sure we can save the car without breaking the bank.
Having finally crashed while racing around, it almost takes away the need to worry about doing it. I hit pretty hard and I was Ok, Thanks to the sturdy SAAB of course !!

ANY PHOTOS?
CARLSSON TO BLOMQVIST......

''WHAT IS THIS TERRIBLE THING YOU HAVE TAUGHT YOURSELF,YOU MUST UNLEARN IT.....''

LEFT FOOT BRAKING

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:10 am

I took a few pics of it when I visited Gary on Monday, but I won't post them unless he is ok with it.

It's very similar to the damage I suffered when I stuffed it at almost the same place a few years back.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Return to “News and Events”