PHA Hill climb updates

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

PHA Hill climb updates

Postby gmreider » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:09 pm

Since I last posted about Pagoda HC, " The SAAB NATION" has been on the move. Jeff and I went to Giant's Despair HC in Wilkes-Barre PA on July 12-13. We both drove our cars 90 + miles to the event and back. Jeff was 2nd and I was 3rd. This Hill is all about HP. they shoot radar times entering the first sweeper and the winning car in our class was running 101mph. Jeff was running 83+ and I was running 78 mph. The winning car was a Chevy Cobalt SS. Very fast and lighter.

On August 2-3 , " SAAB NATION " showed up in force with 4 cars @ Polish Mountain HC in Flintstone MD. 8 cars in the class. Paul h was 3rd, Jeff was 4th, I was 5th, and Jason (swedesport) was 6th. Jason worked the hardest with the least HP and only N/A car. He was hell bent to beat a newer Mini Cooper S and he did !! Paul beat Jeff by about 1 second and I was behind Jeff by .15 seconds. We all got 13 -14 runs this weekend :yay:

Next I am going to drive eEurosports Lemon car @ NJ Motorsports Park August 9-10. This will be a new experience for me. :-O
Then the 4 of us are going to be @ Duryea HC August 16-17 in Reading PA.
Attachments
100_1926.JPG
Paul gets greeting from "RADAR DONNA"
100_1919.JPG
This Says it ALL !!!
100_1930.JPG
Paul & Erica's tree house
100_1929.JPG
our line up!!

99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Re: PHA Hill climb updates

Postby 99Super » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:05 pm

That is so awesome. :yay:

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:41 pm

It was a great weekend. I think everyone had a great time. Crash after crash really slowed things down on Saturday, (some really nice cars got a lot of damage) but once people were done wrecking on Sunday and a whole bunch of people left, we really got some runs in... I did a lot of work on my car just before this event to make it SLOWER, however I think as a whole, being that it made it there, raced, and back again under it's own power, its a partial win. So far, it has made it to and from each event under it's own power without exploding, so I call that a win as well.
Less brake more gas!

jskrebs
Nickname: Jeff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby jskrebs » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:15 am

What prep do the 900's require to Hill Climb? Roll Bar?

gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby gmreider » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:36 am

jskrebs wrote:What prep do the 900's require to Hill Climb? Roll Bar?

Yes , bolt in Roll bar minimum, plus belts and decent seat and driver safety gear.. Go to PHA website for more info.
A dedicated weld in bar would be much safer.
Take a long drive and come visit with us at an event. Summit Point race ,last weekend in August might be the closest to you. Go south , pickup Rt 81 and get off near Inwood WV. 3 Hours or less maybe. Check out the distance on Goggle maps ??

Return to “News and Events”