Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
matt
Turbo Troll Crew Chief
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Black River Stages 2014?

Postby matt » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:15 pm

Is anyone going to compete?
Is anyone going to spectate?

I have the time off and the event hasn't moved so I ought to be able to go this year.

http://blackriverstages.linaracing.com/2014/

Black River Stages
September 20-21, 2014

Plan your rally adventure weekend now!
Lewis County: Croghan and Harrisville + St. Lawrence County: Pitcairn and Edwards
"we changed a flat in 4 minutes, twice"
1994 9000 Aero (intake, stg 4 ecu, 3" TBE, clutch + broken trans mod) *sold*
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon *sold*
2006 Subaru WRX Wagon I'm back on boost!
ImageImage

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: Black River Stages 2014?

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Up in the air for the team at the moment. If we dont run i plan on volunteering. You could come hang out and volunteer with me.
I am the 73%

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: Black River Stages 2014?

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Team Saabrally did not compete at the event this year but we did volunteer. Matt Weir, Matt's father, and I met up on Saturday morning and we worked various stages together and apart throughout the weekend. I spent my time at the finish of Jerdan Falls on Saturday while Matt and his father were marshaling on the stage. Then on Sunday we all worked together running the arrival time control, Start, and finish for 7 total stages on Goose Pond. Saturday was nice weatherwise but Sunday we had some good down pours.

Overall the rally went pretty well. There was some sort of altercation with an ATV rider on Saturday that resulted in the cancelation of the last 3 stages. And there were some issues on Sunday that resulted in the last car stage being canceled and the last 2 bike stages being canceled.

All the bikes finished without issue and I think 30 cars out of 40 or 45 finished. I don't think there were any major crashes this year with all the retirements due to broken suspension or mechanical related issues.
I am the 73%

Return to “News and Events”