Headwaters Rally

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
321go
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Headwaters Rally

Postby 321go » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:41 am

Anybody see they are only charging $50 to enter this? Anybody have a car close to being ready that they could bring? Mine might be. Low entry would offset some fuel costs for a long tow. It's May 21 and have 19 entries so far. Website doesn't have much info but most is on FB.
Would be cool to pick a rally sometime that we could get a bunch of the Saabs to all enter. Guessing an east coast event would work better for most of you but us Midwesterners and those out west would have a longer haul. If they do this again next year, this, Ojibwe, or Magnum Opus might be a good fit.

Krasch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Re: Headwaters Rally

Postby Krasch » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:42 pm

I ran the first Headwaters Rally in my 1979 Saab 99. Very stock, so it didn't do all that well. My co-driver was Eric Carlson (not Erik Carlsson).

My brother Mike drove it one year as well.

I won't be at Headwaters this year as Fart-hinder Racing will be competing at Brainerd International Raceway in a pair of 8-hour endurance races that weekend. Our primary car is a 1999 Saab 9-3, though we also have a 1991 Saab 900S that we have raced there. Stop at BIR on the way home to cheer us on. There is probably some sort of admission, but it is usually not much.

Take a look at Fart-hinder Racing on Facebook.
Tim Winker

Return to “News and Events”