Weatherly Hill Climb in PENNA this weekend

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Weatherly Hill Climb in PENNA this weekend

Postby gmreider » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:37 pm

Any body in the area that is bored this weekend can come and visit Weatherly PA. this is the second event of the Pennsylvania Hill Climb association for 2016. I'll be there with "RED" and I have a co-driver this time. Nice young lass from UK that has far more racing experience then Me. Unfortunately her MINI ride was destroyed by the male owner and she needs 2 more events for her license sign off.
So a mini and a SAAB are both FWD , so an easy upgrade. She has driven "red" some on the street this last week and she is taken to Turbo power well.
My old 93 900S / turbo T-5 car may show up with new owners. Like old home week! Lots of food available and a nice setting and friendly folks.

99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Re: Weatherly Hill Climb in PENNA this weekend

Postby 99Super » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:58 am

Sounds like a great time!
Shiny side up! :thumbsup:

gmreider

Postby gmreider » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:43 am

Well "RED" the 86 notch back lasted the weekend with 2 drivers beating it. ELI ( Ellie Sharp) my British female co pilot kept getting quicker all weekend and finished her first USA hill climb ever in a solid 3rd place. I finished 2nd after taking a Sunday afternoon lead and then loosing it again. The winner was a late model VW GTI boosting 23 PSI and running 110 octane fuel. ending taking be by 1.237 seconds. I was about 0.250 second off last falls time at this event.
We beat up the gearbox a bit and it is soon time to do the Sport and Rally thing. Still had a great time. We bested about 40 cars best time out of 89 entries in raw times. Beat a Gt350, a few other mustangs, a 2012 Vette. Not bad for 2.0 liters !

I'll get some pictures up later this week

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby squaab99t » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:53 pm

Fantastic weekend.
Not sure I'd loan my car unless I was really sure of their driving skill?
Looking forward to the pictures.

gmreider

Postby gmreider » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:04 pm

Dennis, Eli (Ellie ) is probably way better then me. FIA license in Europe. Track racing , Hill climbs and stage rally. Mostly all in Mini's .
Hey FWD is all sort of the same. She really liked the boost though !

Return to “News and Events”