Freezeout Hillclimb 2016

Post updates/results of SAABs in racing
99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Freezeout Hillclimb 2016

Postby 99Super » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:51 pm

Due to work scheduling, I was only able to race today, but it was a good day! We only got 3 runs.
I finished second out of a class of ten. SMF was the largest class at the event.
Scott was the fastest, as usual, turning a smokin' fast 1:35:xxx.
I posted a 1:42.164. That's my best time ever.
King of the Hill was a 1:32.xxx in a super modified Evo.
My best run was my second, I was slightly slower on my third because I botched the final corner.
Car ran perfect the whole time, with only one small scare when my starter wire came loose. :rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/EJ3NEbyR1zQ

I'm going to bed now...

John

gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: Freezeout Hillclimb 2016

Postby gmreider » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:13 am

Nice video ! Was that asphalt or stone? I couldn't quite decide. Car sounds like my "RED"

99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Postby 99Super » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:43 am

gmreider wrote:Was that asphalt or stone? I couldn't quite decide. Car sounds like my "RED"

Thanks!
Well, technically, it's paved, but is really just many years of chip seal over tar. Lots of sand and stones on the road in spite of sweeping. Anything not paved is sand/gravel in this area and the tires pick it all up and throw it on the road.

In "Monument Corner", the big 180+ near the end was a bunch of fresh cold patch. I got into that a bit worse on my third run and lost about .7 sec in spite of being much faster through the rest of the course. I should have been below 1:42 and maybe near 1:40.

Frank probably has the same basic engine as RED. 2.0 16VT w/ T5, 2.5" exhaust w/ single glasspack.

BTW, the new tires were AWESOME! I should buy some more often!

gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby gmreider » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:00 am

Real similar. RED is a 2.0 liter with N/A 10.0 to 1 pistons and a B 212 head which drops the compression to 9.5 to 1 . T-5 of course and a 3 inch X 12 inch by 24 inch intercooler. The turbo is a Garrett GT28rs ball bearing running either 14 or 18 psi. Exhaust is 3'' all the way back with a good sized muffler. lots of fun. I have crank sensors on both ends . A flywheel with sensor from eEuro and a Dennis Lin damper pulley sensor on the other. Redundancy for any starting issues. Just switch which one is plugged in. Flywheel is almost 5 lbs lighter. Spec 2 + clutch ( need it!)

Return to “News and Events”