Other Hobbies / Interests

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Re: Other Hobbies / Interests

Postby airsweden » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:22 pm

My other hobby is... lots and lots of dirty dirty Furries Sex!

P.S. Don't tell my wife!
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:55 pm

LMFAO!, somehow I don't doubt it for 1 second.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Mezzanine
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby Mezzanine » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:20 pm

I do a lot of competitive shooting- here is a video from a USPSA match earlier this year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URK13YVl4Sc
The competitive shooters out there are typically not the usual "gun toting loonies"- USPSA is really a great sport, and a ton of fun.
Note in the video I am reppin' SAAB with the Viggen hat.

All the bikes in this thread are pretty awesome- I get out for some mt biking, with a little road thrown in. Here is my mountain bike: single speed rigid. Pic doesn't show it, but I now have carbon fork...

C

99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Postby 99Super » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:52 pm

"The competitive shooters out there are typically not the usual "gun toting loonies"- USPSA is really a great sport, and a ton of fun."

Funny how us shooters have to start out by saying that. :rolleyes:

Cool video! What pistol are you using?

I shot Tactical events for several years, but that's one hobby I've let fade a bit. I still love to shoot, however...

Nice Bianchi!

john

Mezzanine
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby Mezzanine » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:56 am

Wow, how funny John! You are right- it takes one to know one. All too often people get freaked out when they hear you are into shooting sports. I am shooting a Sig p220 in the above video. Single stack .45. What sort of matches did you shoot? Soldier of Fortune or something?
I do a lot of multi-gun (aka 3-gun) too. There is a pretty awesome match in Coeur d'Alene that I rarely miss usually in August every year- perhaps you could come check it out next year!

airsweden

Postby airsweden » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:23 pm

You guys freak me out.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:50 pm

when I am not playing with my bikes, motorcycles, Saabs, or Rovers I like to concentrate on my goat racing hobby. A few pictures from last years international championship series:

these guys are a force to be reckoned with:

here is a shot from the chariot racing:

I bet you never knew how popular this is...they even makes games so you can race goats in your own home and pretend to be just like your favorite goat racing athletes:

Snakes Malone even came down to try out for the human/goat biathlon team:

I am the 73%

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:59 pm

The chariot racing goats look like fun. Seth, how did you get that nice tan in the first pic? Its funny, because thats just how I picture you running! Ill bet you are pretty competetive too, BC if I were that goat, and you were behind me,... Id run REALLY friggen fast!

I shoot too, but not competetively. In fact I suppose I would fall into that " Gun Toting Loony" category. Since they closed the free local range on the Gamelands (Lead contamination) I have to resort to shooting at a private club. Its nice because you dont have the Fish and Game commission fining you 500.00 for every bullet in your clip over 3. Really,... I saw it happen to a guy with a 30 round banana clip. The club lets you shoot at whatever you want. As long as you clean up after yourself. We usually take along some old fire extinguishers, and a couple propane tanks to shoot at. Watermelons, and cantaloupes get old, and shooting beer cans is no fun. Occasionally we will print out pictures of celebrities and hang them up to target. My personal fave is the cast of Friends.

I own a few guns, A Colt Govt model .380 that I carry for self defense. That was the first one I got, then I came upon the Russian SKS and proceeded to trick it out with a scope and laser sight. Added the 37 rd banana clip, and a synthetic stock. This is a really nice gun, and when accessorizing it I made sure to not cut or drill or file anything so I can always put it back to stock. It has a bayonette, but I took it off. I still plan to find a bipod that fits the bayonette mount.

I also have the Mossberg 340 BD that I added a scope, and 15 rd clip to. I painted it with a winter camo theme. Its just a .22 but it sure does a number on the occasional squirrel that happens to pass thru my yard. (I hate squirrels,... nothing but rats with bushy tails). I picked it up for 30 bucks so I didnt think the Rust Oleum paint job would hurt.

Did you know it was legal to hunt Feral cats in some states?
Attachments
squirrel slayer.jpg
squirrel slayer.jpg (81.91 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
cat eradicator.jpg
cat eradicator.jpg (102.94 KiB) Viewed 4099 times

99Super

Postby 99Super » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:49 pm

That .22 is SWEET! I really like the camo job.

I just bought one of these,

gsg522-01.png
gsg522-01.png (18.96 KiB) Viewed 4073 times

Not sure what I was thinkin', kind a of an impulse buy :germany:

john

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Is that some version of an AR? My buddy just got one. He spent 1400 bucks on his and waited 8 months for it. If I get another gun its likely to be a Mosin Nagant. Dirt cheap, classic cool, and kicks like a mule to boot.

airsweden

Postby airsweden » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:13 pm

Here's a related story. A local college age kid here was killed last week when one of his friends thought it would be funny to wake him up in the morning with a bb gun held right to his chest. I'm sure you can see this comming.... what he thought was a bb gun turned out to be a 22 and the bullet went right through his friends heart. I guess this is why that jackass show has the disclaimer at the beginning. Some people are really really really dumb but think they're funny. Also, same reason there aren't any guns in my house, I have a vague idea of just how dumb I am.

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:21 pm

I was expecting to hear that the kid pulled a 45 from under his pillow and emptied the bb gun toting moron's skull on the ceiling.

99Super

Postby 99Super » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:36 pm

That's just f*cked up. The poor kid broke every firearm rule in the book and his buddy paid for it...

john

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby hutch » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:38 pm

airsweden wrote:Here's a related story. A local college age kid here was killed last week when one of his friends thought it would be funny to wake him up in the morning with a bb gun held right to his chest. I'm sure you can see this comming.... what he thought was a bb gun turned out to be a 22 and the bullet went right through his friends heart. I guess this is why that jackass show has the disclaimer at the beginning. Some people are really really really dumb but think they're funny. Also, same reason there aren't any guns in my house, I have a vague idea of just how dumb I am.

Wow small world, that was a high school friend of mine's college buddy and he was up in vt this past week for the funeral. Apparently they had a game of shooting each other with bb guns and that time it went horribly wrong. Why anyone would keep a loaded gun in their home is beyond me, but I also don't know how you could mistake a .22 for a bb gun. My friends with guns always tell me never point a gun, loaded or not, at something you don't want destroyed. Still a really sad story though.

As for hobbies, I've been brewing my own beer lately and when my computer is fixed and I don't have to post from my phone I'll put up some pictures of that and the PA gang can even try some out if I ever make it out to a rally.

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Bring some of that beer.

Return to “Random Thoughts”