Mini?

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
matt
Turbo Troll Crew Chief
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Re: Mini?

Postby matt » Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

max wrote:My car eats oil, and I have yet to actually get around to figuring out what it is.

I still remember the first time you (we) changed the oil in that thing. It drained out in like 5 seconds and we were all o_O o_O o_O What was it like 1.5 quarts when it should have been like 5? you said "that explains the lifter noise and oil light on long on/off ramps" iirc.
Also the canister type filter location and execution fucking SUCKS. I couldn't even see the fucking thing let alone line up the fucking housing over the roll of paper towels or whatever it was we replaced. And make sure it's actually tight, or you'll puke oil all over, everything.
"we changed a flat in 4 minutes, twice"
1994 9000 Aero (intake, stg 4 ecu, 3" TBE, clutch + broken trans mod) *sold*
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon *sold*
2006 Subaru WRX Wagon I'm back on boost!
ImageImage

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Thu May 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Yeah, get the automatic 900. I drove one for a few years, it worked...
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

max
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby max » Thu May 12, 2011 3:26 pm

matt wrote:
max wrote:My car eats oil, and I have yet to actually get around to figuring out what it is.

I still remember the first time you (we) changed the oil in that thing. It drained out in like 5 seconds and we were all o_O o_O o_O What was it like 1.5 quarts when it should have been like 5? you said "that explains the lifter noise and oil light on long on/off ramps" iirc.
Also the canister type filter location and execution fucking SUCKS. I couldn't even see the fucking thing let alone line up the fucking housing over the roll of paper towels or whatever it was we replaced. And make sure it's actually tight, or you'll puke oil all over, everything.

Actually the canister isn't that bad once you know how to feel for the gap to make sure it's on properly.
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Return to “Random Thoughts”