Best place for rim straightening?

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Best place for rim straightening?

Postby 99Super » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:44 pm

One of my 15x7 rims (see previous thread) has a pretty good bend in it and I'd like to use the whole set for the Freezeout Hillclimb in 3 weeks. I usually just run a pair in the front and a pair w/ a bit more offset in the rear.
Any body ever have rims straightened? Where? Worth it?
If I get it out this week, I could have it back in time...

john

Mezzanine
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Re: Best place for rim straightening?

Postby Mezzanine » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Typically easier to replace unless it is an oddball wheel... I had these guys do one just a few weeks ago: http://www.dependablewheel.com/. I recall it was $225 or so, but did not include re-finishing which is needed in my case as they had to burn the paint a bit when they put the heat on. I would have replaced it, but the rim is a somewhat unique Ronal that I couldn't find anywhere.

C

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: Best place for rim straightening?

Postby Geoff » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:05 pm

I've used MC Wheel for straightening around 10 times. They're near where I work.
http://mcwheel.com/

Just a few guys in a small shop straightening wheels and powdercoating. Nothing fancy but they do good work from what I've seen. Cost on their website is $80 to $120 for straightening per wheel for aluminum (but I've had volume discounts before :lol: ). It says their turnaround right now is 2-3 weeks right now but you can pay $35 extra to get it done in 1-2 days.

The owner used to have a Nissan Stanza with SAAB Soccerball wheels on it.
Plus you can get a t-shirt from them that says "We Give the Best Rim Jobs" :crazy:

If you wanted I could personally deliver the wheel but it may take a little extra time because it has to go to my house first.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Return to “Random Thoughts”