Mark's 99T

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
sjones

Mark's 99T

Postby sjones » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:21 am

The NWSOC is the oldest and active car clubs in the Seattle area .. but there is also another SAAB club that has a somewhat inactive forum that shares some members from SAABRALLY. There is a very inspiring restoration thread over there for a 78 Turbo .. lots of pictures and good tips.

http://tx0.org/2l8

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: Mark's 99T

Postby Jordan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:14 am

I didn't think it looked that bad to begin with! It really looks great and I can respect the level of work/time/$$ that went into it. It's going to be a fantastic weekend driver when it's done.

:yay:

Mezzanine
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby Mezzanine » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Thanks for posting that- It's been too long since I've talked to Mark- he got me started in the world of "real saabs" by helping me rebuild my 99t. I think the front seats he used came from my car...

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Wow yeah, thanks for posting that!
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

sjones

Postby sjones » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:55 am

Any chance we could get him here? There are quite a few things on his 99T that I am needing to do on my car. I've read the thread and seen the pictures, but I have a couple of questions .. for instance, it seems he is using black lock strips. I've found a source on chrome for all three window locking strips on the 5DR (Restoration Specialities .. ask for part numbers) ...

I'm going to have to replace all of my window channeling .. exposed areas were moss invested and some had rusted.

Hans
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby Hans » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:32 am

sjones wrote:I've found a source on chrome for all three window locking strips on the 5DR (Restoration Specialities .. ask for part numbers) ...

Does anyone know if the 99 windshield/rear window lock strips are dimensionally the same as 900 parts?

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff

Postby Geoff » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm pretty sure there is a "later" and and "early" lock strip and the "later" is the same as the C900. At some point I posed a link to a SAABnet post or two that had the lock strip part number (restoration specialties I think). I seem to remember there were two sizes in the links one for the early (thin) and one for the later (wide).

Is the 3rd strip size because of a difference in the opera windows?

FYI, the C900 hatch window gasket would work in the '77 if you need and you should be able to piece together window channeling for the doors from C900s as well.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Return to “Random Thoughts”