This is the most awesome c-list ad i have ever seen

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
Scott
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

This is the most awesome c-list ad i have ever seen

Postby Scott » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:38 pm

and by awesome, I mean surreal. I hope this isn't someone on the board, no offense, but this is priceless.

2001 SAAB 9-5 TURBO FOR SALE - $2200 (BALTIMORE)

I Have a 2001 Saab 9-5 Turbo wagon for sale. I REALLY hate to sell my car but I need the money to start my business...This is one of those sacrifices I have to make to start my business. The car has 275k-miles and still running with the turbo still in very good condition. The cars come with power windows, breaks, steering wheel, power heated seats both front and back seats, sunroof, on-star(need to subscribe) Winter mood technology (W), cd player, roof rack, optional rubber mats for the trunk, and owner's manual.

There are few issues with the car that will need to be address in the near future. Those issues are: (1)Air bag light is on, check engine light comes on and off, I disconnected the horn because it will sound sometimes without hitting it, its slow to pick when cold, and I put new front head light bulbs on, but its still not working so i'm not sure whats wrong with it. Other than that, the car runs great! The engine starts every time. I listed all these issues because I believe in honesty and I believe if an individual wants this car, they will still buy it despite the issues it has and if they don't, that fine as well. Hope you and your family have a fun and safe holiday season.$2,200 or best offer

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/2711439048.html
I wish my car had winter mood technology.

Mezzanine
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Re: This is the most awesome c-list ad i have ever seen

Postby Mezzanine » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:39 pm

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here: I don't get it. What's so funny? I have seen some seriously funny stuff on Craigslist, but this is just an ad. To be honest, judging by the list of issues and the photos, it is not a bad price either. Sure, he is a little goofy sounding, but I've bought better from worse.

Fill me in: what makes this the most awesome c-list you've ever seen? :dunno:

squaab99t

Postby squaab99t » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:25 am

Mezzanine wrote:OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here: I don't get it. What's so funny? I have seen some seriously funny stuff on Craigslist, but this is just an ad. To be honest, judging by the list of issues and the photos, it is not a bad price either. Sure, he is a little goofy sounding, but I've bought better from worse.

Fill me in: what makes this the most awesome c-list you've ever seen? :dunno:

Power breaks? :huh:

sjones

Postby sjones » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:15 am

Favourite bumper sticker saw on SAAB: "I Break For Lutefisk"

And so do I.

UFF DA!

Maybe he just wrote it in a hurry. The car kinda looks like a SAAB...

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:58 am

Seems pricy to me. A few months back I looked at a similar car with a 5spd, a bad turbo, and rusty dog legs. It also had 100K less miles. It was $1000/bo and I passed it up. :dunno:

So long as we're talking about the most awesome grogslist ad and we're in the Random Thoughts forum, this is my favorite:
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Scott

Postby Scott » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:06 am

:huh: Ok, maybe i was a little tired last night. Its surreal to me, with the winter mood technology and being slow to pick when cold.

For the mileage, the car looks pretty sharp in and out. Not sure I'd pay more than a grand though.

The Philly train ad, wow.

Mezzanine

Postby Mezzanine » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:41 am

Yeah, Philly train ad, that is funny! Poor spelling is just part of the show on Craigslist around here. Winter mood is fun, but to be honest, I see more remarks on breaks than I do on brakes. Of course, I am intentionally spelling things wrong in my searches, and looking for things like "wrecked" and "mechanics special", so the crowd gets a little more coarse. :lol:

Scott

Postby Scott » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:48 pm

:) I just search for saab, and sift it from there. What do you guys use to search craigslist? I like searchtempest.

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:34 am

I use Crazedlist.

Those things (other than the 'slow to pick-up in the morning') are common 9-5 problems, and that looks pretty clean for 275k. Mine has 228k and looks about like that, and drives perfectly. The wagons usually fetch a bit of a premium over the sedans.

The alarm going off is just the battery backup in the siren module - either unplug it, or get it rebuilt for ~$60. The headlights is usually the filament monitoring relay that decides if the bulbs are burned out or not, the big orange one like is in a 9000 - those are cheap. CEL coming on and off is almost always a vacuum leak of some kind, which would also make the performance especially in the low RPM range suffer, could be an easy fix.

That doesn't actually seem like a terrible price, probably more than I'd pay, but I'm pretty cheap when it comes to my every day cars.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Return to “Random Thoughts”