THESAABSITE.COM

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
MattWatson
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Re: THESAABSITE.COM

Postby MattWatson » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:38 pm

I only used thesaabsite once. They absolutely gouge on shipping to Canada... I paid less for two boxes of 60lbs of metal lathe parts than to ship one signal switch.

The box said 15$ in postage, where they charged me $85 or something like that.

Matt

Hans
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby Hans » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:46 pm

99Super wrote:Anyone ever have problems w/ IPS?
http://www.importpartsspec.com

pay no attention to the online catalog. Just call Andy or Rick

john

I have used them in the past. You do pay for shipping, but they're a WorldPac reseller, which means they're basically drop-shipping from the nearest warehouse and I get my stuff fast, usually next day. Customer service has been good. Some years ago, I ordered a control arm, they sent the wrong one, I called, and they jumped to make it right, overnighting the right part to me, apologizing, good communication/follow-up, etc. Since eEuro has put a bad taste in my mouth, they're next in line. Oh, if Andy and Rick have been there awhile, then they're the same guys who also actually know Saabs and Saab parts when you call.

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:46 am

I've used IPS before, and I like them, but stuff generally did take a bit of time to get here. Also not being able to just place an order 24/7 is a big turn off.

I just had a an annoying experience with eeuro as well. But they are generally cheap and fast (same state), so I'll put up with a mishap here and there. There is also FCPGroton (also in state) they don't quite have the selection, but their prices are competitive and they have branched out to many euro makes/models. Rock Auto quality of selection can be hit or miss and their prices can be as well. They are pretty fair on shipping though, not cheap, but at least fair. I was going to order *just* a clutch master rebuild kit and the shipping charge was only $2. Same thing at eeuro was +$10 shipping and they are one county away.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:55 pm

99Super wrote:Anyone ever have problems w/ IPS?
http://www.importpartsspec.com

pay no attention to the online catalog. Just call Andy or Rick

john

There used to be some guy who worked there who really knew 99s! :lol:
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

miami900
Nickname: TopDown
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby miami900 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Two days since customer service told me they'd take care of it and nothing. Called today and was told nothing had happened. No credit for the part, no credit for my shipping charges, no intake of the RMA part that's been sitting there for over a week. Said they would try to take care of it today. Another failure. Getting very close to a claim with Visa now.....

miami900

Postby miami900 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:38 am

thesaabsite.com tried to drop ship a replacement fan from InterAmericanMotor Corp - a disaster. Arrived packed poorly. Fan had clearly rolled around in transit and had completely sheared off the plastic fan cage. No one is even answering the phone at thesaabsite.com. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:48 pm

Call your card company and dispute. I did... got a full refund and kept the parts that were sent in error.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

V4_guy
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby V4_guy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:53 pm

miami900 wrote:thesaabsite.com tried to drop ship a replacement fan from InterAmericanMotor Corp - a disaster. Arrived packed poorly. Fan had clearly rolled around in transit and had completely sheared off the plastic fan cage. No one is even answering the phone at thesaabsite.com. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

But... but... "we have a genuine belief in our lord and savior JESUS CHRIST!" :rolleyes:

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:37 pm

V4_guy wrote:
miami900 wrote:thesaabsite.com tried to drop ship a replacement fan from InterAmericanMotor Corp - a disaster. Arrived packed poorly. Fan had clearly rolled around in transit and had completely sheared off the plastic fan cage. No one is even answering the phone at thesaabsite.com. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

But... but... "we have a genuine belief in our lord and savior JESUS CHRIST!" :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFDmcDW9uwc
I am the 73%

TonyL
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby TonyL » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:59 am

Just registered here to answer problems reported about TheSaabSite.
Lately we have had issues reported with our phone system.
We are getting ready to convert to a different phone system.

2 complaints posted by our customers are being addressed today.
I know, a little late.

If anyone else has problems with our service or our parts, please let me know.

sjones

Postby sjones » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:42 pm

TonyL wrote:Just registered here to answer problems reported about TheSaabSite.

Thank you Tony and welcome.

nutcase
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby nutcase » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:15 pm

It's good to see you're trying to resolve the issues :)

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:31 pm

We all understand the issues with the supply chain and the availability of Saab parts. The biggest concern was over the lack of customer support. Better communication would have avoided this whole mess.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

miami900

Postby miami900 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:28 am

So this continues to be the worst automotive and online experience of my life. A week after they finally agreed to refund my money for the part, the prorated shipping and my shipping costs - absolutely nothing had happened, despite emails telling this and that person to do "x and y." They had previously offered a $75 further credit to make me whole from my experience if I got the fan through them (are you out of your mind!), but seeing as I had already replaced it from a dealer, they would only refund the price of the part and the shipping. I email today to ask status and was called by their customer support saying they would try to take care of the credit today - they did none of what they said they would. Through multiple phone calls and voicemails the customer service guy was more worried that they would be crediting me back twice instead of even crediting my back at all - I think he sensed my extreme displeasure. I don't know if I will ever get reimbursed properly by these clowns.

TonyL
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby TonyL » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:03 am

We hopefully have taken care of both of the problems with these customers.
Refunds were issued after talking with both and getting their agreement that we were doing it right.
On any future orders from either customer we will do discounts to make up for the inconvenience we have caused.

Return to “Random Thoughts”