THESAABSITE.COM

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

THESAABSITE.COM

Postby SwedeSport » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Anyone ever deal with "Thesaabsite.com" ?

I am having issues with an order I recently placed. I ordered a throttle cable and a set of poly alternator bushings on their site. My credit card was billed almost instantly. I got an email saying the throttle cable was unavailable and my account would be credited. I would end up with just the alternator bushings and shipping on my bill.

What actually happened is that my account was never credited for the unavailable cable, and instead of the poly bushings, I received the 3.00 a piece stock bushings... To the tune of $95.17

So I proceed to contact the company to resolve the issue. I phoned them and got a voicemail. Left a message 2 days ago with no callback. Called about 5 more times and straight to voicemail. Emailed them and described my problem and no response 24 hours later.

Anyone know what is going on with this place? I thought they were reputable?
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

SalemSaab
Nickname: CapitolSAAB
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: THESAABSITE.COM

Postby SalemSaab » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Only ordered from there once so far, but got my parts just fine & fast ... they are very knowledgable too.
Hopefully their customer-service is just on a holiday ..
CapitolSAAB - your source in the PNW for SAAB parts & accessories

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:03 pm

I am going to make another attempt to contact them and resolve the issue before I dispute the charges with VISA.

I hope they are not in the throes of going under, and I just got stuck in the middle. I'm sure any business based around SAAB parts and service is struggling to keep their head above water.

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby hutch » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Unfortunately I've heard similar stories about that place which is why I prefer eeuroparts if given the chance. I would suggest talking to your credit card company and file a dispute as that will get the attention of thesaabsite very quickly.

And I know it's too late but I would recommend not bothering with the poly alternator bushings, I and I believe many others have had problems with them breaking down in <10k miles.

DrewP
Nickname: TANK

Postby DrewP » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:48 pm

hutch wrote:And I know it's too late but I would recommend not bothering with the poly alternator bushings, I and I believe many others have had problems with them breaking down in <10k miles.

Same opinion here, O use the rubber ones.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:31 pm

I replaced the stock ones on the tan 86 with rubber ones and after 2 seasons of autox and rallyx the alternator wobble around a fair amount. I was hoping to reduce the wobble a bit with urethane units. But I trust your opinions.

I have been using their site for years, but this is my first purchase from them. eEuroparts didn't have stock nor could they get the cable. SAABsite had it "add to cart".

nutcase

Postby nutcase » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Just done the one order with them quite recently (because eeuroparts weren't showing stock - since then it came back it, could've saved the postage!) and it all went smoothly.

Hope they sort you out sharpish.

hutch

Postby hutch » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Heres an idea for you, the PO of my car did this:

I think it was a great idea, but suboptimal execution because it broke but I want to try a new and better version. It shouldn't be that hard to make out of scrap metal or plastic and while it worked it actually seemed like it did a good job at stabilizing the alternator from wobbling. Im sure the engineers that designed these knew what they were doing but to me this seems like a no brainier for an easy add-on that could prolong the life of those bushings. I can't think of a good reason why you would need any "give" in the mounting.

sjones

Postby sjones » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:14 pm

I've had decent experiences with thesaabsite. They can be more expensive than alternatives (such as partsgeek.com) If you cannot get them to respond to you, your credit card company should be able to help.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:17 pm

hutch wrote:I can't think of a good reason why you would need any "give" in the mounting.

You need some "give" in that stabilizer bar, that's why it snapped.

99s had solid alternator mounts (no bushings) but sometimes the mounts crack because of the vibrations. B motor 900s (or at least those which came with power steering) had bushings in the alternator mounts, probably to keep them from cracking. Maybe you could make some bushings out of Acetal for the 900. That mount seems like it might be a bit more resistant to stress cracks...
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

GOLFGURU
Nickname: GURU

Postby GOLFGURU » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:50 pm

:-( I orderd a set of bougies and the coil wire was missing :ranting: and also what was suppost to be a bosch dizzy cap, :thumbsdown: and it was a bootleg...I dunno pards... :dunno: Goodluck...Joe :crazy:

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:00 pm

As it stands,

I have a charge for 34.50 on my card for a pair of stock rubber pivot bushings that I could have gotten from the local independent guy on my way home for 3 bucks each.

They did credit the cost of the unavailable cable, and offered to credit the difference if I keep the part I didnt order. But Ill still be paying 8.50 to ship 6.00 worth of parts. I replied that I would keep the part at its actual cost, and they eat the shipping. I have not gotten a response.

They also said if I ship the product back, they will credit the entire order, but I still have to pay more than the part is worth to send it back, when I didnt want it in the first place.
So either way I get to eat shit sandwiches from thesaabsite.com.

Im just going to call my credit card refuse to pay it. And I don't think Ill shop there again.

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:24 am

I really would have liked to resolve it with the retailer, but another day passed without correspondence from saabsite. I called Chase and had the charges disputed. I would have kept and paid for the stock bushings if they would have swallowed the shipping and charged me the correct price for the parts sent.

miami900
Nickname: TopDown

Postby miami900 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:05 am

I am also having problems with customer service. Ordered replacement passenger compartment fan unit and was shipped one where the fan cage was too close to the motor, fouled on the mounts and couldn't even turn 5 degrees freely - this was after they said they check each fan cage before shipment. Return authorization came quickly enough, but once the part got there, it just sat there - no replacement. An email reply to the return authorization had no response after three business days, so I called today. They do not automatically process returns I was told and even then they only credit but do not send any replacement. So I had to ask them to process the return item for a credit, send me a replacement part, and ask to have my shipping charges reimbursed. I've ordered from them before without incident, but this has been AWFUL. Who knows when I'll get the replacement - if may very well be fouled as well. I will post to the group with the result.

99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Postby 99Super » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Anyone ever have problems w/ IPS?
www.importpartsspec.com

pay no attention to the online catalog. Just call Andy or Rick

john

Return to “Random Thoughts”