Eeuroparts

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Eeuroparts

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:14 am

I am a little surprised...2 days after an early am order and no signs of a shipment...all history for orders has the product on my doorstep the following afternoon. Might have to park the NG900 and put the 2 door on the road until I resolve my strut mount issue. :dunno:
I am the 73%

Luke
Site Admin

Re: Eeuroparts

Postby Luke » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:55 am

I've noticed that they seem to be stocking less in-house, most of my recent order arrive in three different packages on different days as the orders come through from the wholesalers.
Still good service and prices though, so its hard to complain.

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 am

With all the stop and start of GS parts suppliers, I guess I can't blame them. They generally don't charge for the extra shipping which is nice.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:54 am

Yeah they are still a good supplier I was just surprised on the delay. Chris told me that there are some parts issues going on for the newer cars because of the Saab bankruptcy...parts suppliers are setup elsewhere in the world just not the USA so there may be some down time for low stock parts until the aftermarket distributor gets online in the USA.
I am the 73%

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff

Postby Geoff » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:03 pm

It doesn't surprise me that you ordered parts on a Sunday and they still hadn't arrived on Tuesday when Monday was a holiday.

Parts supply has been slow due to the bankruptcy. I ordered two strut mounts for the 9000 which were listed as being made by SKF. One came in right away with a SAAB warehouse distribution sticker on it. The other took a few weeks, until the parts supply deal was straightened out. I'm not sure how that affects ScanTech products...
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Geoff wrote:It doesn't surprise me that you ordered parts on a Sunday and they still hadn't arrived on Tuesday when Monday was a holiday.

Parts supply has been slow due to the bankruptcy. I ordered two strut mounts for the 9000 which were listed as being made by SKF. One came in right away with a SAAB warehouse distribution sticker on it. The other took a few weeks, until the parts supply deal was straightened out. I'm not sure how that affects ScanTech products...

Ordered parts on Monday AM...forgot monday was a holiday since we don't get it off. All past orders have been on my door the follwing day by 5pm. Website shows order stuck in pending mode...so my guess is that they are not in stock. I'll give them another call later...need to find out if they are a day away or a week away...if so I'll take the car off the road and start driving the notchback.
I am the 73%

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:00 pm

I have experienced the same stuff from eE. Im sure there are parts we will never see again. Seems like they are working it out though.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:06 pm

SwedeSport wrote:I have experienced the same stuff from eE. Im sure there are parts we will never see again. Seems like they are working it out though.

I don't think the parts problem will be such a big issue. From what I have heard the parts are out their but the USA distribution isn't dialed in yet because of the bankruptcy procedings. Guy at the local moto shop has a 2009 turbo V6 for sale because the power steering line went bad. It is 3 pieces and new they cost $1500. Apparently he cannot find one now. Chris says he can get 2 of the 3 pieces and the 3rd could be fabricated. I don't know what he wants for the car but he is not driving it at the moment. Maybe I'll ask him next time.
I am the 73%

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:11 pm

The deal with parts is that the warehousing, stock, and distribution is being handled by SAAB USA, purchasing from SAAB Parts overseas.

It used to be that dealers and large stock distributors could order on credit accounts through SAAB USA to have parts shipped immediately.

Now dealers (maybe dealers only) have to pre-pay for parts, they deposit some by wire transfer to a holding account that SAAB USA has access to, and they will deduct for parts ordered up to the amount in the account, then you have to re-fill the account.

If you're moving very large volume, you have to deposit a HUGE amount of money upfront to even place the orders, and lots of things still have delays to come from overseas. Many dealers I have heard are only depositing $15-$30k at a time, so ordering parts takes whatever delay it takes to wire the money, process the order, ship it, and then ship to the customer.

That being said, I did have my last two eEuro orders come with some incorrect parts and some show up as backordered when they showed as shipped in my 'Account' page on the site, and I haven't been able to get a phone call through. Just rings & rings & rings & rings. They did answer my emails within a day or two though, and got it straightened out.

Seems like things are just pretty hectic there.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff

Postby Geoff » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Crazyswede wrote: Guy at the local moto shop has a 2009 turbo V6 for sale because the power steering line went bad. It is 3 pieces and new they cost $1500. Apparently he cannot find one now. Chris says he can get 2 of the 3 pieces and the 3rd could be fabricated. I don't know what he wants for the car but he is not driving it at the moment. Maybe I'll ask him next time.

We had a similar situation with Kelly's 9-3 a year or so ago. The three lines added up to somewhere around $800-$1000 from a fine online retailer. I ended up getting some hard line, SS flex line, and some fittings and made my own PS lines.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Hans
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby Hans » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:09 pm

The founder/owner of eEuroparts recently passed away. I couldn't know if this has any bearing on how the business is run today, but perhaps it's impacting it at some level, beyond Saab going TU.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:02 pm

I certainely hope Eeuro holds its own since they have been such a good supplier for the past couple of years. I don't bother looking anywhere else for parts unless I get something directly from Chris.
I am the 73%

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:16 pm

1 week and no parts :thumbsdown: Just sent them an email to see whats up. I suspect they have none in stock...asked for an estimate on availabilty. Unfortunately the car is getting worse and I will have to park it until I can get a replacement...looks like it may be time for a head gasket and definitely time for an exhaust....might as well do the oil pan too. :ranting:
I am the 73%

Hans
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby Hans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Placed an order nine days ago (no OEM parts), received less than half of it last week; remaining items still not shipped and I haven't received a response to my email inquiry sent +24 hours ago. Called and waited on hold for 15 minutes before giving up.

I've spent $$$$ at eEuro over the past 10+ years -- hope they aren't squandering my loyalty...

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah - steering column bushing for airbag 900 my buddy ordered 3+ weeks ago just showed up today, along with rear main seal and oil pump o-ring.

I'm hoping it's just a logistical / supply line issue, rather than cutbacks with the staff or something along those lines. New guy got hired who doesn't know what's what or something.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Return to “Random Thoughts”