Saabs & Carlisle

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Saabs & Carlisle

Postby DeLorean » Sun May 20, 2012 9:24 pm

I saw a lot of neat cars there, and there were a lot of great stories. This years 99 count was the most I had ever seen at Carlisle. at one point on Saturday, I counted 12 there.

Through there were some clear exceptions (Luke & swedesport) but I didn't see a lot of the saab rally regulars. This event seems to be a really positive thing for a lot of classics, as for many of them, it's the furthest they will be driven all year... Anticipating the trip to Carlisle seems to drastically improve the condition of many of the cars that show up there.
Less brake more gas!

tweek's Turbos
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Re: Saabs & Carlisle

Postby tweek's Turbos » Mon May 21, 2012 9:18 am

Yep, even tho I knew I couldn't make it I vacuumed my wagon out.

And the anticipation of Iowa is what is making me want to get the SPG sorted out.

I have seen some pics on FB, but am waiting for all of them to get posted on the forums. So upset I couldn't make it, but at least I was working, not sitting in the office with my thumb up my butt.

V4_guy
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Re: Saabs & Carlisle

Postby V4_guy » Tue May 22, 2012 12:57 pm

DeLorean wrote:Through there were some clear exceptions (Luke & swedesport) but I didn't see a lot of the saab rally regulars. This event seems to be a really positive thing for a lot of classics, as for many of them, it's the furthest they will be driven all year... Anticipating the trip to Carlisle seems to drastically improve the condition of many of the cars that show up there.

And it's generally more fun than SOC although I think this year's one in Iowa may be an exception to that.

Return to “Random Thoughts”