Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
Neil_G
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby Neil_G » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:17 am

Hi All

Does anyone know why Luke runs the number 699 on his car?

I can understand 99 or 299 (2 door 99).
Is there a significance to the 6 or do I just have too much time on my hands to ask this :thumbsup:

regards
Neil

Luke
Site Admin

Re: 699

Postby Luke » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:52 am

Rally America sanctioned events use a "permanent number" system where you each rally team "owns" that number, so you can choose whatever number you want, but it has to be available. At the time, 699 was the only one available that had "99" in it, so thats why... plus I think it has a nice ring to it.
The events I do with the other US sanctioning body (NASA) use sequential number where you get a start number for each event based on your start order. Also, the timing system used in those events is slightly different (the IN time for the transit is calculated from stage start, not stage finish minute) so the order stays sequential throughout the event, unless there is a reseed or it agreed amongst competitors to switch because someone is clearly faster...
In Rally America if you pass someone on stage (gain more than a minute), you stay in front of them for subsequent stages.

Neil_G
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby Neil_G » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:23 am

Thanks Luke

There was actually a reason behind the question.
Here in Western Australia when you licence your vehicle for competition use only i.e. you have installed a roll cage in your car, CAMS now requires you to purchase and display RWA number plates as below (apologies about the Evo5):

Now I know that 99 has already gone so the choice for me will either be 399 (for the 3 door 99 Turbo :crazy: ) or I may 'steal' your number 699 - however I feel I will not hear the end of the 69 jokes mind you !!

Thanks
Neil

nutcase
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby nutcase » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:35 pm

What about 6699 - so it reads the same whichever way up ;)

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Neil_G wrote: ...or I may 'steal' your number 699 - however I feel I will not hear the end of the 69 jokes mind you !!

Duh, that's why you'd get that number!
"Somebody" used to have the number 969 on his 900 rally car :lol:
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Return to “Random Thoughts”