Useless (but vitally important!!) expenditure on your Saab

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Re: Useless (but vitally important!!) expenditure on your Sa

Postby DeLorean » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:53 am

squaab99t wrote:Yep kinda torn. If I did do the detail stuff all day I might not want to work on my own car. The rate is better as you become more "senior engineer".

Yep, same trouble many full time mechanics end up with. They became a mechanic because they enjoyed working on cars... They work on other peoples car all day, when they go home working on their own car is no longer fun. I for one am glad that I don't have to fix cars all day long, because if I did I would never get anything done on my own cars.
Less brake more gas!

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: Useless (but vitally important!!) expenditure on your Sa

Postby DrewP » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:31 pm

DeLorean wrote:
squaab99t wrote:Yep kinda torn. If I did do the detail stuff all day I might not want to work on my own car. The rate is better as you become more "senior engineer".

Yep, same trouble many full time mechanics end up with. They became a mechanic because they enjoyed working on cars... They work on other peoples car all day, when they go home working on their own car is no longer fun. I for one am glad that I don't have to fix cars all day long, because if I did I would never get anything done on my own cars.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Took me almost a year to get back to the point that I want to work on my cars again, and now things are happening!
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Return to “Random Thoughts”