Eastbound

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
turbo stephan
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Eastbound

Postby turbo stephan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:38 pm

After successful immigration to the USA in August, I sent my resume out to job openings all over the US. However, none of the job openings was located near Seattle, or even close to the west coast. I haven't seen much of the US yet other than the states bordering the Pacific as well as some states in the Midwest due to my old job in Canada. Thus, travelling around the country for job interviews was an interesting way to see new locations.

As with every job hunt you have to make compromises. We didn't want to compromise on location though and from all offers a job in Virginia Beach offered the best deal for both, work and location.
I guess it is always a bit sad to leave a part of your family on the other side of the country and I am certainly going to miss my Saab friends and the NWSOC up in the Northwest. Since I started my new job at the beginning of last month we are still settling in. I brought my 900 SPG over from the west coast. The 99 EMS project car had to stay, but Dennis is going to take good care of the car and it is certainly in good hands (thanks buddy).

I know from this forum that there a many Saab fanatics over on the east coast. I'm not so certain about the Hampton Roads area but I guess I should be able to find some folks north of here. I'd appreciate if you guys can give me some hints for Saab related meetings not too far away from here or other motoring stuff that's worth to travel to.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Re: Eastbound

Postby SwedeSport » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:45 pm

The core of SAABs distribution area seems to be the northeast US. So most of the SAAB junkies seem to be in that general area.

Va. Beach is a nice area. And its not too far from NE USA. You should try to make a road trip up to PA for the STPR rally next spring. I'm pretty sure we can find some nuts and bolts to turn on the race car. Or you could just hang out and watch some stages. Either way you can meet some of the crew. Usually a few guys from the forum that show up at the rally weekends.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

kuponut
Nickname: kupo!
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Re: Eastbound

Postby kuponut » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:41 am

Nice meeting you and such. I was the person who didn't really talk at IronJoe's T5 install.

Return to “Random Thoughts”