trove of saabs

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
ahanson
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

trove of saabs

Postby ahanson » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:02 pm

Anybody have any idea where this cache of European cars might be? The number of 900s alone seems robust enough to merit further investigation.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013120 ... /131129858

RadioFlyer
Nickname: RadioFlyer
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

Re: trove of saabs

Postby RadioFlyer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:26 pm

RAD!!! :P

Definitely worth a trip. Says at the bottom that it's in Nebraska. I went out to Ramona, CA a couple years ago to check out a cache of about 40 c900s. It was like Saab Disneyland.

ahanson
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby ahanson » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:04 pm

It does look pretty cool, although that boneyard in SoCal must have been nice, what with the dry weather.
I think the Lambrecht collection was in Nebraska, but the Autoweek article pointedly leaves out the location of the European cars.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Based on what I read in the article, there is a slim to none chance that we will ever get to pick the collection.

I thought the article hinted to a location somewhere in the Northeast.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:58 pm

I'm sure it isn't the same place but my friend and I stopped by a place in Loudon, NH about 15 years ago. The old man who lived there had a Volvo 445 Duet out front which is what drew our attention. He gave us a tour of his back yard on his golf cart. I remember there being a '72 99, probably a few 96es, some Volvo 122s and 140-series cars, and a whole bunch of old cars that I had never even heard of. He also had a Sonett V4 that he wanted to sell, I remember the price he was asking seemed a little steep.

Google shows that there still might be a bunch of old stuff back there:
http://goo.gl/maps/2ejep
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Looking at the pics I saw Pa inspection stickers on a number of the cars, and also few had provisions for a front plate mount (not used in Pa) , also the terrain looks right... There's a place in central pa I've heard of that this might be, somewhere off route 15 north of Harrisburg.

paulh
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby paulh » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Yeah, looks like a mix of PA and NY inspections, the level of rust involved would indicate its somewhere up near the PA/NY border most likely. Also, oddly, looks like some of the pretty bad looking cars have fairly recent inspections, there's a volvo 164 with what looks like '12's on it. Guy seems like he's quite the hoarder, no real rhyme or reason either, just the cheapest european car he can find at the moment I'd suspect. Hopefully it doesn't all get sent to the scrapyard when he dies, there's some neat wheels in there at the least.

Paul

Return to “Random Thoughts”