Dave Kennedy

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
Jon1
Number of Saabs currently owned: 30

Dave Kennedy

Postby Jon1 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Dave Kennedy has accepted $1400 from me, in November of 2013, for an exhaust system that he has not delivered. He has been contacted numerous times via email and telephone to make delivery. I have asked him to return my money.
He no longer replies to my emails and hung the phone up on me the last time I called him.
Be warned!
Jon
jon1..
Jon
jon1
with many classic 900 turbos

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: Dave Kennedy

Postby DrewP » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:26 pm

Bummer, very sorry to hear that.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Cark
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby Cark » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Jon posted this on TSL as well, so I will share my response from there too...

Dave sounds as though he's been pretty busy lately.

He did just come though big time for me on a flywheel and clutch setup for my 85 c900.

FWIW I had sent him payment a little while ago, but explicitly said I was in "no hurry". Well I ended up doing an impromptu last minute motor swap and needed the clutch and flywheel right away. I called Dave in distress and he said he couldn't make any promises. He ended up pulling an all nighter and getting everything done and shipped out to me in time. He communicated with me very well throughout, and as always, his work is absolutely top notch.

Sorry to hear about your situation Jon. There are two sides to every story...
03 9-5 Aero Wagon 5 spd M/T
85 900 turbo 5 spd 105k miles - Trionic 5ed in a day

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:59 pm

Cark wrote:Jon posted this on TSL as well, so I will share my response from there too...

Dave sounds as though he's been pretty busy lately.

He did just come though big time for me on a flywheel and clutch setup for my 85 c900.

FWIW I had sent him payment a little while ago, but explicitly said I was in "no hurry". Well I ended up doing an impromptu last minute motor swap and needed the clutch and flywheel right away. I called Dave in distress and he said he couldn't make any promises. He ended up pulling an all nighter and getting everything done and shipped out to me in time. He communicated with me very well throughout, and as always, his work is absolutely top notch.

Sorry to hear about your situation Jon. There are two sides to every story...

There are two sides to every story. I work on projects at Jon's so I am around him a lot. In this case Jon paid Dave a significant pile of money for a SS exhaust....that was about 9 months ago. Jon is a pretty helpful guy who goes out of his way to help people out. This is a pretty fishy situation and needs to be made right by the refund of the payment or delivery of promised exhaust.
Last edited by Crazyswede on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the 73%

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:02 pm

Cash on delivery is the key with this guy then. There are a few other Saabers whom "COD" is the best bet as well. I have no problem waiting weeks, months, etc for things, assuming I have not paid for them first and got put on a "forever wait list" - that would PO me too.
Less brake more gas!

DrewP

Postby DrewP » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Why didn't you just order one off Amazon Prime?*

*kidding. Obviously.

Jon1

Re: Dave Kennedy is a THIEF

Postby Jon1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:44 pm

Someone contacted me about the post I made on The Saabnet about how that person also paid Dave for something that also was not shipped. More money than my "transaction/non-transaction".
So this isn't the first time that he has done this, and I am sure there are more, and time will tell.
I obviously don't expect to get either the exhaust system or my money back. What a friend Dave Kennedy has turned out to be!
Jon

jon1

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Another person posted on the Saabnet General BB about Dave Kennedy, $700 for turbo, won't answer his phone calls. This person replied to my email, indicating that he knew about my situation with Dave.
Be warned, again.
Jon

jon1

DrewP

Postby DrewP » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:28 pm

Bump. Any updates? I haven't spoken with Dave in several years and am curious what the story is.

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:27 pm

No updates. I have given up any hope of either taking delivery or of getting my money back. Do you know Clifford Quan? He shared an experience that he had with Dave about a transmission that he paid for that never got delivered.
Jon

jon1

Return to “Random Thoughts”