What did you do to/with your SAAB today?

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Re: What did you do to/with your SAAB today?

Postby 99Super » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:35 pm

A couple of weeks ago, I rebuilt Frank's steering rack and replaced my old home-made pass-side bushing with
a polyurethane unit I bought several years ago.

Well, after I got to the top of the hill at the end of my last run at Maryhill on Saturday, I felt some serious clunking through my feet from the firewall.

After I got back down the hill, I discovered that the new bushing has disintegrated. I scrounged a chunk of hose and made a quick bushing that worked for the rest of the weekend...

Today I took a section of 1.5" dia fuel hose about 1.25" wide and cut a strip out of the center for the bracket to make a new bushing.

The old one was made out of turbo hose, and held up well, but had hardened up over the years between oil and heat from the exhaust.
We'll see how this one holds up...

This was the first of a long list of items I have planned to address before next race season...

John

Edward
Number of Saabs currently owned: 20

Postby Edward » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:25 pm

Today I drove my 99 SE HOT to Discount Tire for some new tires. While waiting for the tires to be installed, I walked to the auto parts store to pick up engine paint for the v4 that's going into the 96. When I went to leave Discount tire, I noticed a mouse caught on the front left brake caliper :huh: Had to roll the car a couple of inches to free the little guy. Cooked mouse probably wouldn't smell very good. After getting home, I took my newly acquired 85 SPG to the car wash. A productive day :lol:

99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Postby 99Super » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:39 pm

Replaced the crank sensor on Deb's 9000 today.

:ranting: What F**king lunatic designed the cable routing for this thing! What should have been a 15 min. job becomes a 3 hour job because you have to dig all the way down under the intake manifold, under the wiring harness and it's clipped to the heater bypass pipe! :ranting:

And I swapped on the summer tires...

John

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby squaab99t » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:12 am

99Super wrote:Replaced the crank sensor on Deb's 9000 today.

:ranting: What F**king lunatic designed the cable routing for this thing! What should have been a 15 min. job becomes a 3 hour job because you have to dig all the way down under the intake manifold, under the wiring harness and it's clipped to the heater bypass pipe! :ranting:

John

I can imagine. I have heard the 9000 are very labor intensive.

This was the extend of the c900 work. Topped off the water meth injection tank.
IMG_0621.JPG

Yesterday's work was front pad and rotor replace on the Chevy avalanche.

Return to “Random Thoughts”