Fuel Pump Check Valves?

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Fuel Pump Check Valves?

Postby hutch » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:32 pm

I've been having some starting issues lately in my SPG and figured I'd run it by you all to see what you think...

If the car has sat for an extended length of time, anywhere from overnight to a few days, it will take a decent amount of cranking for it to fire up (maybe 5+ seconds). The pump will also take a good while to prime if I turn the key in the ignition. If I shut it off and immediately turn it back on the time is cut in half I'd say but still seems a bit long. When it got switched over to T5 it really cut down on starting times, it was usually a second or two from cranking which seemed great for a c900. However in the past few weeks its developed this problem so I'm curious if it may be caused by the check valves on the fuel lines to the pump?

The battery is fine, the CPS is at the proper gap, I was thinking the fuel pump may be dying when the gas level got really low but it still does it with a full tank. Think I'm on the right track with the check valves?

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: Fuel Pump Check Valves?

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:05 am

Sounds like check valves would be a good place to start. I have a similar problem in my 9-5 which is T7. Mine will crank for 10 seconds before starting.....though I noticed the last couple of times that if I push the pedal to the floor and let off quickly it will fire up. not sure why. Car has a brand new CPS. I need to look at my plugs that are not that old and once it starts it runs fine. I am also suspecting the NTC or possibly the DIC.
I am the 73%

Return to “Random Thoughts”