The Bucket List

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
Edward
Number of Saabs currently owned: 20

The Bucket List

Postby Edward » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:11 am

Not sure if this has been done yet here,(seems familiar) but if so, what the hell, lets start another. No one here really knows me, but Ive lived my entire life marred with heart problems. At this point, Ive become accustomed to bad news and I try to live each year is if its my last. What the hell can you do? Could be worse :dunno: So here goes:
Watch my daughter grow up, and be the best father I can be.
Finish a friggen project car for once, especially my rusted out 914 which was my "first" car.
Climb Guadalupe Peak (yeah I'm realistic)
Drive a damn 99 more than a few hundred feet(see finish project cars)
Build a bigger garage to house said projects
Travel to Germany, Norway, Australia, Scotland, and England. Gotta see where my ancestors hail from.
Whiteness the Vikings win a damn Super Bowl
Spend some time in the Alaskan Wilderness
Overcome my friggen Anxiety disorder
Add a Les Paul to my guitar collection
Find my dads old 73 99E
Live another 33 years or more :thumbsup:

There are more things I want to do and see, but these top the list.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: The Bucket List

Postby Crazyswede » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:40 am

I am the 73%

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby hutch » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:41 am

Edward wrote:Add a Les Paul to my guitar collection
I've been a big Epiphone fan for 15 or so years, 90% of the fun and tone of a Gibson for 1/5 of the price. Check out some of the 90's Korean built ones that have great quality and be had for very reasonable prices. I like my Gibson and it is certainly a nicer guitar but I'm certain I will never sell my first Epiphone due to sentimental reasons and also because its a great player.

As for my bucket list I recently checked one off and bought a convertible, not sure how I made it this long without owning one. Tons of fun to drive around all exposed to the elements.

Other than that as far as automotive ones go I think I'd still like to own a 99 but I see that one getting harder and harder with each passing year, same with a nice Sonett. Then figure out what the hell I'm going to daily drive when we run out of Saabs, I honestly have no clue with this one. Then maybe own a RWD car to see what all the fuss is about but outside of maybe a nice old Porsche or something I can't see that happening either. I guess I'd throw in owning a lousy Italian sports car as most gearheads probably should own one but that ones pretty low down the list.

I'd like to travel to Germany to see where some of my ancestors came from with a side trip to Belgium to visit some of the trappist breweries.

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:26 pm

-Iceland
-Alaska
-Glacier national park
-Nordkapp
-Antarctica
-Detroit muscle car (Mopar if I can ever afford one)
-Find love
-Learn how to brew beer
-EMT training program
-Sell some Saabs
-Start a business
-Not going bankrupt with said business
-Get a pool table in my house (and actually use it)
-Survive the coming zombie apocalypse at least for a little while
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

hutch

Postby hutch » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:10 pm

DrewP wrote:-Learn how to brew beer
Oh man giving guitar and beer-making advice on the same day, I feel like I can actually contribute on saabrally :lol:

You may know all of this already but if not your best bet is to find a homebrew store and hopefully club in your area and attend a how-to day that are usually hosted every quarter or so. The best piece of advice is to sanitize, sanitize, and sanitize. But always remember people have been making beer for thousands of years with little to no equipment or knowledge so don't get too stressed out. Today there is a ton of great info and perhaps as importantly easy access to much better ingredients than what people had even 10 or 15 years ago. This is a great book that goes somewhat into the science and process of it all without being too intimidating to beginners:
http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html

And a good blog of an easy going homebrewer who details his processes very well:
http://brulosophy.com/

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:38 pm

That's awesome, thanks!
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Postby 99Super » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:32 pm

A few years ago I bought Deb a mid-70's Alvarez-Yairi DY-57. Last class she took, the instructor spent more time playing it than his own. I think the Yairis are undervalued...

List?
Retire
Finish the new project car.
Compete in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb
Back to Europe for a real visit (Spain, Germany(Drive the Nurburgring!!), Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, Slovakia, Austria....)
Another trip to the mid-east?
Sell some 99's (get your rust-free 99's here folks!)
Build my own bike frames (getting close on this one)
Pilot's license/plane? (Long-EZ painted like a J-37 : )

Oh yeah, Coast to Coast on as much of US 30 as is left. No interstates.

John
Last edited by 99Super on Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chouan

Postby Chouan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:05 pm

hutch

Postby hutch » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:00 pm

Forgot to add one thing to the bucket list: own a car with a carbureted engine. Not sure why I want this sort of misery but its another thing I feel I should do before the IC engine goes the way of the dodo bird.

Also since beer making was brought up I figured I'd share yesterdays batch. This is a Berliner Weisse with 3lb of rasberries fermented with the same lactobacillus that makes yogurt, probably a few months late but it will be a tart low ABV (~3.5%) refreshing beer. The little guy is a test batch with some yeast my brother brought home for me from France.
Then a shot of the beer closet, from right to left a Farmhouse Ale I just bottled, a funky Saison, the aforementioned Berliner Weisse, a Sour Brown that will age for 9+ months, then another funky Saison.

gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby gmreider » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:24 am

Chouan wrote:http://www.dreamtrip.se/dreamtrip/
:thumbsup:

I am very impressed with your vehicle and your wanderings. and your list of friends is really impressive. Those people really wander about. Makes my life seem boring.

Chouan

Postby Chouan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:41 am

Oh that's not me, I'm just an admirer of the epic bucket list type journey with the Toppola.

Return to “Random Thoughts”