House Renovation 2016

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

House Renovation 2016

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:24 am

So in light of spending all my time at either my weekday job or working on my house during the weekend....I figured I'd do a random thoughts thread on building a house.

After purchasing in September and doing general teardown all fall we started doing the real work in December and have worked every Saturday and Sunday since.
I am the 73%

gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: House Renovation 2016

Postby gmreider » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:13 pm

I've seen some of the photos of your place on face book . I build my home mostly alone during 1977-1979. I worked 4 ten hour days in a repair shop and spent 3 days straight working on the house. I was 30 years old at the time. Almost made me crazy after 2 years and I was still finishing details 20 years later. But I built the place with a $20,000 mortgage. I even had an old hoe and loader like you do and I did the septic system and all the back fill.
You will learn a lot and will be pleased with your self for many years to come.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: House Renovation 2016

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:40 pm

gmreider wrote:I've seen some of the photos of your place on face book . I build my home mostly alone during 1977-1979. I worked 4 ten hour days in a repair shop and spent 3 days straight working on the house. I was 30 years old at the time. Almost made me crazy after 2 years and I was still finishing details 20 years later. But I built the place with a $20,000 mortgage. I even had an old hoe and loader like you do and I did the septic system and all the back fill.
You will learn a lot and will be pleased with your self for many years to come.

Looking at old dump trucks now :)
I am the 73%

Return to “Random Thoughts”