Great community here

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
Nate
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Great community here

Postby Nate » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:18 pm

There is a great community here that is more interested in keeping these cars on the road by helping fellow members rather than being concerned with any sort of monetary gain. Most of you probably already knew that though.

I bought a glove box door from a member on here paid and with a check. I thought the seller would send out the part once my check had cleared. No, he took me at my word and sent it out without receiving the check. Then he waited until I received the part and was happy. The transaction only involved twenty dollars but still it was nice to work with someone so trusting.

Then I posted about my euro trailer hitch that I found at the junkyard. Another fellow member sold me a receiver and a tool for it for only the price of shipping. I was willing to pay more but they were only interested in helping a fellow member rather than making a buck.

The project threads are great too, I just wish you guys had time to post more. I'll start my own project thread but won't have near the crazy fabrications the rest of you do.

Thanks to all of you.

DrewP
Nickname: TANK

Re: Great community here

Postby DrewP » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:31 pm

Nicely said. I have had my fair share of good karma from all of you!

In other news, the guy who owns the building my shop is in may have found a buyer for the building, and doesn't know if they would want to keep me as a tenant there or not, will know more in the next few weeks.

So I might have a lot of surplus stuff go up for sale on the cheap shortly here....
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby hutch » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Hear, hear!

I too feel like its difficult to keep up with the awesome projects on this site but I'm sure we all love old Saabs enough that no one will be upset to just see casual updates on cars. In fact if they don't have enough time to work on their own projects they may even enjoy living vicariously through them :dunno:

SalemSaab
Nickname: CapitolSAAB

Postby SalemSaab » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:08 pm

DrewP wrote:In other news, the guy who owns the building my shop is in may have found a buyer for the building, and doesn't know if they would want to keep me as a tenant there or not, will know more in the next few weeks.

So I might have a lot of surplus stuff go up for sale on the cheap shortly here....

CapitolSAAB - your source in the PNW for SAAB parts & accessories

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Jordan and I started this site many years ago really as an effort to schedule the rally team events and have a place to document our projects, etc. It grew rather quickly as others saw some neat projects going on wanted to contribute ideas and before long the spambots had taken notice as well. We tried some things to mitigate them but it seemed like every time we put a patch in, a few weeks later a more sophisticated bot was out there creating accounts again... so as my preference is to spend my free time in the shop working on cool things and not dealing with website stuffs, I just decided to close the site registration. This was not to make it an exclusive club or anything like that, but just to put a small barrier in the way so that I knew that the users would only be people who really wanted to be here, and were willing to take the extra step of emailing etc. Turns out those are the same types of people that work on really cool projects and have constructive feedback and are very generous with information sharing and helping other with parts needs etc...

Thanks for the reminder of great community this has become.
I've actually been working on lots of small projects here and there and I haven't contributed to much as of late, I'll make a concerted effort be more active myself!

Return to “Random Thoughts”