What am I, a charity??

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

What am I, a charity??

Postby 99Super » Sat May 01, 2021 2:42 pm

Over the last couple of weeks I've been the lucky recipient of 3 900's, a 99 and a B motor...

A good friend of mine has given up on his cars (except his SIII, his wife wants us to build an electric) and I went last weekend to get his 3 900s.
The 86 8V Base, white, has 208K miles and runs and drives great. Headliner and dash are shot, but even the seats are decent. Paint and glass are good and only one small door ding. Really clean car.
The 85 8V base is Sable Brown and only 108K. Ran really well, but needs a fuel pump from sitting.
The 84 8V Turbo also needs a fuel pump. Red. 140-ishK. Hood needs repainted.
All 100% rust free.
Luckily another friend has space for me to stash them while fix them and sell them off.

The 99 is a 74 EMS. Rust free, but may take some work to get the FI back in shape. Probably not gonna sell it. It's a match for my 73 EMS.

This morning an old contact called me up to give me a 77 engine he had rebuilt 20-some years ago, but never installed. He still has the tranny too.
Bummer is, it's 8 hours away. The good thing is, it's near our favorite vacation spot. So we are going to take Binky the Van and do a week over Memorial Day and go pick it up and ride the Coeur d'Alene bike trail for a few days!

John

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Re: What am I, a charity??

Postby squaab99t » Wed May 12, 2021 11:02 pm

When it rains, it pours. They just know they will be well taken care of and not crushed.

Return to “Random Thoughts”