What about being american

Post off topic or stuff that otherwise dosen't fit into a specific category here.
allessence
Nickname: allessence
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

What about being american

Postby allessence » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:16 am

If you are and American when you go into the bath room and you are an American when you walk out.

What are you while your in there?

Your O Pee en.
Okay, so I'm female and like SAAB's go figure. Mind you, I like a good set of strappy sandal's just about as much though they don't take you thru the corners as fast. LOL

Rosie: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showt ... =Jennifers

allessence
Nickname: allessence
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby allessence » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:17 pm

Okay, so it isn't that funny.

It's the only dirty joke, well it's the only joke I know. Figured it would give someone a chuckle.
Okay, so I'm female and like SAAB's go figure. Mind you, I like a good set of strappy sandal's just about as much though they don't take you thru the corners as fast. LOL

Rosie: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showt ... =Jennifers

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:58 pm

It reminds of the household mystery....you put bread into the toaster, toast comes out. Where the hell did the the bread go?
Last edited by Crazyswede on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the 73%

SaabsBreakDown
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby SaabsBreakDown » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:22 am

you mean bread? :lol:

Chips99
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby Chips99 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:46 pm

kinda like where do you find a dog with no legs?

....the last place you left him

Raul

Postby Raul » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:10 pm

Technicly all american whites are european. Only native americans are americans. Caucasian is a wrong term for white people in USA, Caucasians are the people who live near mountain caucus and south part of it incudes turkic people who are not of european origin. Correct term for american whites is "anglo-saxons" because most american whites came from north western europe.

airsweden

Postby airsweden » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:41 pm

Hey, You got yer ethnicity in my geography........

Hey, You got yer geography in my ethnicity........

:D

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:47 pm

Raul wrote:Technicly all american whites are european. Only native americans are americans. Caucasian is a wrong term for white people in USA, Caucasians are the people who live near mountain caucus and south part of it incudes turkic people who are not of european origin. Correct term for american whites is "anglo-saxons" because most american whites came from north western europe.

This and more available in the forthcoming edition of "Raul speaks on Ethnicity"

GRMPer

Postby GRMPer » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:46 pm

Northern European American Representing!

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:38 am

So Raul, how did you come up with the user name Raul?
I am the 73%

GRMPer

Postby GRMPer » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:35 am

Raul wrote: Correct term for american whites is "anglo-saxons" because most american whites came from north western europe.

Wow, that's pretty racist. That's like saying the correct term for any Hispanic person is "Mexican"

from the intertubes:
"The term Anglo-Saxon is a relatively modern one. It refers to settlers from the German regions of Angeln and Saxony, who made their way over to Britain after the fall of the Roman Empire around AD 410.

The Roman armies withdrew from Britain early in the fifth century because they were needed back home to defend the crumbling centre of the Empire. Britain was considered a far-flung outpost of little value.

At this time, the Jutes and the Frisians from Denmark were also settling in the British Isles, but the Anglo-Saxon settlers were effectively their own masters in a new land and they did little to keep the legacy of the Romans alive. They replaced the Roman stone buildings with their own wooden ones, and spoke their own language, which gave rise to the English spoken today.

The Anglo-Saxons also brought their own religious beliefs, but the arrival of Saint Augustine in 597 converted most of the country to Christianity."

paulh
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby paulh » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:14 am

GRMPer wrote:
Raul wrote: Correct term for american whites is "anglo-saxons" because most american whites came from north western europe.

Wow, that's pretty racist. That's like saying the correct term for any Hispanic person is "Mexican"

yeah, trust me, this is par for the course when it comes to Raul statements.

Paul

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:40 am

anglo-saxons? so us white people should refer ourselves properly by people that were living in the british isles like 1000 years ago? What if you're Italian, or Russian, or Croatian, or Estonian, or Polish, etc? You're still a white european, and not from the northwest.

By your logic, mexicans could be grouped up into native mexicans, or "real" mexicans, i.e. Mayans, Aztecs, etc and "european" mexicans, or technically "the Spanish".

If we live in America, what should we call ourselves? I suppose i could refer to myself as Romishengussian. :shrug:

(Romanian/irish/english/russian)

(edit- ok so it was more like 1,500 years ago. doesn't help the argument anyways.) :p
Last edited by max on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:45 am

Ha I just watch the top gear episode again the other day where they do a road trip from florida to new orleans. Still laughing my ass off.

"All we know is, he's not the Stig. But he is the Stig's American cousin"

Always good to see how the rest of the world views america.

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:51 am

Luke wrote:Ha I just watch the top gear episode again the other day where they do a road trip from florida to new orleans. Still laughing my ass off.

"All we know is, he's not the Stig. But he is the Stig's American cousin"

Always good to see how the rest of the world views america.

How much top gear have you watched? They are baaaaaad to america...

there was an american car recently shown on the show that beat the top speed record. JC said "...and i've been told it has a completely flat belly... 'bout the only thing from America that does..."

They were also testing some car that had pretty large seats I suppose, probably a truck. He mentioned something about the seats being wide to accomodate "those fat Californians.". I dunno, maybe he got California confused with Texas? :?
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Return to “Random Thoughts”